Style5

Keyring for where my E28 once lived

Hi,

Not strictly technical car wise but I have a BMW Dealership Keyring from where my E28 was sold from originally - this being a Sussex main-dealer The Ashdown Garage,  sadly gone moons ago and now known as Munich Legends. 
The keyring is in a sorry state and I was wondering if anybody knows of where you can get this sort of thing refurbished ? I’ve never ever seen another so I want to restore it as it is a nice little part of my car’s history. Please see the photo, thanks. 
38477F1E-0440-4084-86B4-3B33B2953B4C.thumb.jpeg.3fccb3f31f0c2c38c6a6423a588384ee.jpeg

Hi Jez,

That looks like enameling, would a reputable jeweler be able to point you in the right direction.

There must be a few enameling businesses around the South East who could do this.

Interested to see how this turns out, keep us informed how it goes.

Best regards,

Mick

Somewhere like the jewellery quarter in Birmingham maybe, my dad has had lost wax castings made up there.

Trouble with enamel is it needs to be baked on so you would need strip it and re bake but remove from the leather i guess.

If its just for display some humbrol enamel paint would be my choice

On 25/04/2020 at 18:37, Style5 said:

Hi,

Not strictly technical car wise but I have a BMW Dealership Keyring from where my E28 was sold from originally - this being a Sussex main-dealer The Ashdown Garage,  sadly gone moons ago and now known as Munich Legends. 
The keyring is in a sorry state and I was wondering if anybody knows of where you can get this sort of thing refurbished ? I’ve never ever seen another so I want to restore it as it is a nice little part of my car’s history. Please see the photo, thanks. 
38477F1E-0440-4084-86B4-3B33B2953B4C.thumb.jpeg.3fccb3f31f0c2c38c6a6423a588384ee.jpeg

Or just buy a blank one from EBAY, there are loads of them and get your wording engraved? 

Yeah, fine thanks Duncan, still at work busy estimating. Although not that busy otherwise I wouldn't be on here :D. Still got the e28 528i, E3 2500 and E12 M535i, although I sometimes question why. I miss the track days we used to but, but don't have car for it now anyway. You Ok?

Yeh good but getting a little bit of cabin fever, busy but once i've completed my current projects its going to get quiet as v little coming in to fill the gap. i worry too that the planning apps i have in will go on hold once determined if people are nervous.

Though talking to some architect/ pm mates they seemed bullish and some of them (bigger practices) are actually taking on work so who knows!

Yes track days were a lot of fun - especially days at Bedford - guess later 5's just aren't suited :(

I may have found one. A quick Google led me to a lady in Haywards heath who as 1000s of dealer key rings in her loft. She will take a look for one and get back to me. 

One sold on ebay for less than £5 in November 2019

8 hours ago, Shaun1111 said:

I may have found one. A quick Google led me to a lady in Haywards heath who as 1000s of dealer key rings in her loft. She will take a look for one and get back to me. 

One sold on ebay for less than £5 in November 2019

5 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

Worse thing is Shaun, I threw two in tbe bin which were perfect.

Guys,

You both mean Ashdown Garage ones ? Shaun, I look all the blooming time on eBay - typical I missed one and only for a Fiver ! :cry:

And Taffy, you threw 2 away ? OMG :sad:

Hope the lady finds one, she lives in the right area if she’s been there forever !

Thanks for replying both. 
Jez

PS, just seen the eBay ad - found it too ! £4 plus post and it was bloody mint !

Edited by Style5