duncan-uk

So what are you doing in isolation?

5 hours ago, Ordnator said:

Not shoveling the drive :lol:

IMG_2893.JPG.8a0dca7ca09f94c7c589c3cf48246784.JPGIMG_2892.JPG.14c07661aca1fb97a4a732102937e694.JPG

A fringe benefit of working from home :cool:

Stay safe,

Best regards,

Mick

That's a bloody lovely view! Don't blame you for not shovelling the drive; get out there and get sledging instead 8) 

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

And you are only asking me ‘now’, not to do that! That boat sailed a long time ago mate :lol: We’ve lit our stove every month except July! But I’m a good bit further north than you. 

I was burning a mixture of self scavenged and seasoned Horse Chestnut, Cherry, Oak and Ash. Stove was still warm this morning after leaving it with the dampers shut overnight. Living room still all cozy this morning. 

Quite happy working from my iPad in the warmth this morning. 

I'm sayin' nuttin... :P :mrgreen:

We've got the last few bits of ash & birch left; some kindling, but quite a bit of coal and smokeless too, so we've enough for a good few fires and that's it. Won't order anymore, will just resort to the heating if necessary; or 'purra'nother pulley on' :lol: 

I've got 5 small bags of seasoned logs left plus 2 bulk builders bags of kiln dried. There is about another 1m^3 of seasoned logs stored in my garage which will be fully dry for this winter (20/21), plus another 1m^3 currently seasoning outside. I'll be good for two more winters yet. I was lucky and got a load of Oak, Ash and Beech just 50m from the house last September. Only just finished, cutting, splitting and storing that over the Easter Holiday.

This wood burning lark, you've got to think atleast a year ahead. It's not just like taking the car to fill up with VPower when you need too!

Not tried coal yet, it's quite mucky to handle which puts me off a bit, logs are much cleaner to handle and store.  Colleague at work says he uses coal to start his fire then puts logs on.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

I've got 5 small bags of seasoned logs left plus 2 bulk builders bags of kiln dried. There is about another 1m^3 of seasoned logs stored in my garage which will be fully dry for this winter (20/21), plus another 1m^3 currently seasoning outside. I'll be good for two more winters yet. I was lucky and got a load of Oak, Ash and Beech just 50m from the house last September. Only just finished, cutting, splitting and storing that over the Easter Holiday.

This wood burning lark, you've got to think atleast a year ahead. It's not just like taking the car to fill up with VPower when you need too!

Not tried coal yet, it's quite mucky to handle which puts me off a bit, logs are much cleaner to handle and store.  Colleague at work says he uses coal to start his fire then puts logs on.

Yeah; it can be dirty, but never had any issues. Our fires a traditional coal fire, with a fully lined flue etc, so we burn hardwood and coal; but more coal than wood obviously as it gets hotter and lasts longer, especially the smokeless 'homefuel' as some folk call it. Large ovals that burn long & hot. I just use normal coal 'nuts' to get the fire going and hot quickly; via some split hardwood for kindling and then some on top too; ovals on top of that once it's going and every so often, feed it a log or 2 and that's it :) 

It's crazy how we've had some lovely weather here for the last 2 weeks, wall to wall sunshine and temps in the high teens and then all of a sudden, it's bloody cold/wet/windy and the all tidied out fireplace is roaring away again :roll::lol: 

Thought I’d tidy up the F10 today, as I’ve done all the other jobs!  A good thorough wash, and decontaminated it. Amazing the crap that was on a car that looked clean enough!

Finished off  with a good coat of Gold Class. 

I’ve had it almost three years now, and I still like it. Looks ok for a car almost 10 years old I think!

CF379401-FB58-4D52-9863-7409A9BEFEB5.jpeg

Looks good Mark.

I detailed mine a few weeks ago. Man there was some rubbish on the paintwork removed with the claybar. Big cars to detail though!!

Mine is also 10 years old this year and is wearing easily as well as the E39's that I had did if not much better - the thing is I don't love it as much - probably because it doesn't give any feedback through the steering or ride/handle quite so well. 

Just tipped 3 drops of fresh eggs from Scotland around Yorkshire,going home now,been away since 7pm last Sunday,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

4 hours ago, 740mick said:

Just tipped 3 drops of fresh eggs from Scotland around Yorkshire,going home now,been away since 7pm last Sunday,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Keep well yourself Mick; sounds like you've been a busy lad!

Last couple of days I’ve revived this. Given to me by a mate without tyres or seat. Got a seat off a neighbour binning a bike a while back and then last week another bike was heading to the skip so I had the wheels (with consent).

So fitted the seat, new tyres and tubes. Adjusted the brakes and sorted a no indexing gear shift a spring has gone but works. 

A good clean and I have a tidy pub bike 34DE968E-1016-4ADE-94EF-5FDE242CC17E.jpeg

Had a bit of a gap along the fence line so put in some drainage:

IMG_2896.JPG.165b4d90d06edd668527af8ef46eb028.JPG

Followed up with 248 linear feet of 6" x 6" pressure treated timber, more gravel drainage, 8 cubic yards of garden soil and re-positioned 2 rhododendron bushes and a Japanese Maple:

IMG_2914.JPG.8e8b402969569ae53c4b229dbe755f43.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG.c8631c0772cd0f1a8c514655a84c53a7.JPG

Not only did it fill in the gap nicely but also cleared away some space for a concrete base for a big garden shed in due course.

Stay safe,

Best regards,

Mick

Decided it was time to tidy up the crap at the side of the house.... lol ....

Loads of "stuff" left over from previous projects...

20200527_190417.thumb.jpg.32778aff49ba3f337a78c3ac2902611d.jpg

20200528_124331.thumb.jpg.8dc1b2ad3fe7bca92c0425044643bb04.jpg

20200608_105826.thumb.jpg.0f3d2ce066b5307344e09909ebcc6289.jpg

Getting there a bit at a time .... will need some help with a few of the pieces of stone.....

Edited by Seesure

Finally getting round to putting up a double garage on the front garden to fill with Alpinas. So far, driveway completely moved, slab down, and new driveway/parking area edged with bricks. Money v, v, v, tight so lots of work done myself and a wooden garage.

3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Finally getting round to putting up a double garage on the front garden to fill with Alpinas. So far, driveway completely moved, slab down, and new driveway/parking area edged with bricks. Money v, v, v, tight so lots of work done myself and a wooden garage.

Photographs or you didn't do it :wink:

Stay safe and best regards,

Mick

Without going into detail of what I have been doing since early March, a good indicator would be that my eyesight is not what it used to be. :shock:

On 09/06/2020 at 00:56, Ordnator said:

Mick

Photographs wouldn't be much help without a before and after... and I don't think I have a before.

26 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Photographs wouldn't be much help without a before and after... and I don't think I have a before.

An after picture must surely be a minimum to prove it happened :grin:

A before picture doesn't prove it happened, just the intent :wink:

Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Best regards,

Mick

quarantine reminded me of my childhood when I was sitting at home and could not go out

I play computer games all day and eat chips

probably managed to gain a couple of kilograms

On 08/06/2020 at 21:13, sharkfan said:

On 09/06/2020 at 00:56, Ordnator said:

Mick

That's a complete garage piled up...

010720202617.thumb.jpg.1b07aad840509e46448d3dc6a629bba9.jpg

Going up...

010720202619.thumb.jpg.e7e288bef05351e1a8d728e7a9cb3d63.jpg

...and cars installed...

030720202620.thumb.jpg.e660ff020f14c6542845569bdd87ca14.jpg