duncan-uk

So what are you doing in isolation?

BBQ, enjoyed the sunshine, very well hydrated!! and now relaxing ready for an early start tomorrow to wash the car before the wet week ahead

17 hours ago, sharkfan said:

A bit of light outdoor furniture restoration has gone on; 6 reclining dining chairs, 1 9' x 3' large dining table, 1 lounger, 2 occasional folding tables, 2 benches and a deck lounger. The pic shows the before, after sanding and then teak stained chairs... they are the thick end of 20 years old so well worth buying the best you can then giving it a yearly or twice yearly spray with teak oil - this is the first time I've sanded them back and re-stained them.

210320202572.thumb.jpg.da7edc324a2bf6e038e953439e9331e7.jpg

Nice work Kevin, I won’t be showing  this to the wife as I’ve done a similar ‘project’ but my garden furniture has gone from stage 1 in your photo to about 1 and a half......our garden stuff is about 20yo too but hasn’t fared quite so well with the fittings rusting and seizing in the wood so my repairs have involved a few metal brackets. I think we’ll get through summer but will need to look for new stuff next year!

1 hour ago, BarryM said:

Starting easy and gonna build up to some proper weight are you Dan :shock:

Nah; that's too sensible :lol: 

Got them up overhead the other day :mrgreen: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZWewmCANct9hXtbv5

Teak furniture is a LOT more expensive than it was a dozen years ago; after a neighbour asked me about hammocks I decided to figure out how much our collection of table, chairs, benches, hammock, etc, would cost to replace - over £4000... 

:shock:

2 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

I have this on the office wall too

IMG_0587.jpg

That is a lovely print indeed! The Procars look awesome in the M Sport livery. And yes, get those E28s on show for us please.........

A busy weekend out on the drive and finally finished re-building the retaining wall:

IMG_2887.JPG.703ef2e9c199b46ebb9afd632ae35ca7.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG.b5d13b3ec8c95b3953e3020ca1dbaa52.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG.c11c5675c0df788ec2cde95a5fcd808d.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG.30b6aec7392022ff81eaa9f24b4747de.JPG

Broke my 20 year old trusty rubber mallet :sad:

IMG_2891.JPG.e8ff181b6b1b6922868b694d8cbacac8.JPG

In fairness to the mallet it went out fighting 300 blocks.

Stay safe

Best regards,

Mick

New racking, new floor, new light's

20200418_160500.thumb.jpg.22572c48ec327370d3834af7dd35a8c8.jpg20200418_160424.thumb.jpg.868fff407bd0ae059f0ec511c3d4724f.jpg

20200418_160608.thumb.jpg.a04ce0a8f97f83f336d6f5761f244750.jpg

Any body need a cylinder head, crankshaft, manifold or a flywheel?

20200418_160525.thumb.jpg.1116292559e36495d348580e78d02799.jpg

And the first two are in:-

20200427_143447.thumb.jpg.45614e17949e6bb04ad1875661fe60d9.jpg

Edited by Tims

Building a new patio, dug it out, getting the sub-base delivered next week and hired whacker plate day after to get it flattened.

After that god knows when I will get the paving delivered.

This is a first attempt at doing a patio properly, previous attempts have been done on a  quick (wrongly) and cheap basis.

Started separating screws from nails and other general rubbish in the garage and putting them in separate tubs for when I need them (everyone has that box of stuff they don't want to throw out as you'll defo need it in the future!). Ended up quite well hydrated and resorted to having a Camembert and garlic bread instead of continuing as it's raining, cold and the WC means walking back to the house every 10mins

I'm trying very hard to not have a "that will be useful" mentality though i have plenty of off cuts of wood/ pipe/ metal "just in case" :rolleyes:

My grandad was the same and one of the most heart wrenching things was clearing out his garage of "that will come in handy one day stuff" and the temptation to keep because it "might be useful"

Why are we so attached to "stuff"....

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Why are we so attached to "stuff"....

I've got a collection of model railway "stuff".  Some of the locomotives I bought back as a kid were ~£50 in the early 1990s, saving up birthday money and my paper round money to buy.  They are now not worth very much as they have been replaced by todays much better detailed models which also have better mechanicals such as the motor and drive systems so todays stuff looks much better and goes much better. 

I can sell them on ebay for perhaps £30-£40 (a lot less than I paid for them), but they are the efforts of working hard to get what I wanted when I was a kid.

I still have that mentality with my cars, work hard, save up, buy car.

Off cuts of timber and pipe, yeah I'm guilty of holding on to that stuff too, but I'm fairly regular at throwing stuff into my trailer to get rid off it and take it to the tip when its full.  Its currently full now, just can't take it to the tip as they are all shut and the car with the towbar has a broken spring.....

Answer to title ....

.... Looking for a job.

,,, But in the meantime, selling bits of spare HiFi gear as a clearout.

Edited by AnilS

Reinstating the fire ironmongery as it's got cold and wet here; and there's me thinking I'd retired it for the season :roll: :lol:  I'd cleaned it all out and re-blacked the iron too :? 

8 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Reinstating the fire ironmongery as it's got cold and wet here; and there's me thinking I'd retired it for the season :roll: :lol:  I'd cleaned it all out and re-blacked the iron too :? 

I read that post of yours and smirked as I knew it would be back on. Ours is on tonight! 

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

I read that post of yours and smirked as I knew it would be back on. Ours is on tonight! 

Don’t judge me :lol: 

Not shoveling the drive :lol:

IMG_2893.JPG.8a0dca7ca09f94c7c589c3cf48246784.JPGIMG_2892.JPG.14c07661aca1fb97a4a732102937e694.JPG

A fringe benefit of working from home :cool:

Stay safe,

Best regards,

Mick

7 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Don’t judge me :lol: 

And you are only asking me ‘now’, not to do that! That boat sailed a long time ago mate :lol: We’ve lit our stove every month except July! But I’m a good bit further north than you. 

10 hours ago, sharkfan said:

All lit up here too with some seasoned ash.

I was burning a mixture of self scavenged and seasoned Horse Chestnut, Cherry, Oak and Ash. Stove was still warm this morning after leaving it with the dampers shut overnight. Living room still all cozy this morning. 

Quite happy working from my iPad in the warmth this morning.