Sign in to follow this  
chemicalal

Becker Grand Prix Stereo - Removal??

Hi All, hope that you are all holding up well in these screwed-up times.........Horrible watching the UK going the same way as Spain/Italy. I'm pretty angry (I'm British, my wife is a British GP and we have over 20 friends that are GP's, Senior Consultants in the NHS throughout the UK) that this useless government could see what was happening on the European mainland and still didn't act decisively enough or provide the advice/PPE required. 1000 dead a day in Spain/Italy was a humanitarian catastrophe but now that we are there in the UK, the media are more interested in whether BJ is safe, walking and doing sudokus.......

Anyway, I hope that you are all safe and doing the right things to remain so!

Does anyone have a Becker in their E28 - I have removed my fair share of retro radios in the past, but cannot work this one out at all - there is no obvious way/no security tab holes and its in there as snug as a bug in a rug.

I've searched online and cannot find anything and wondered if there was anyone on here who had first-hand experience of taking one out without damaging the console/unit? 

Have you tried finding one on eBay and emailing the seller how they may of removed one in the past ? You have to be over courteous with your question but sometimes some are willing to help even if you aren’t going to buy. It’s a long shot but I’ve tried it in the past and it’s worked sometimes.