Jump to content
tallman85

Change Cruise Control from Miles to KM/H - Coding

Recommended Posts

Here we use metric, but since I got the car from the UK, it is in miles.  I changed the units to KM from i-drive but the cruise control remained in mls/hr.  I was provided kindly with this change from 3 series :

 

Dsc module
C0C_V_EINHEIT
Wert_00 ---> km/h
Wert_01 ---> mls

C0C_SETZ_V_MAX
Wert_01 ---> km/h
wert_02 ---> mls

 

but when doing it, it changes to km/h at idle, however when moving the cruise control turns into yellow and gives and error and will not engage.  Has anyone ever changed this, please?  Do I need to change something from the VO? or change the kombi from UK to ECE ?  any guidance, please? 

 

Thank you as always

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biotoxic said:

If you have a CCC it will be in CCAPP module also check the Combi. If you are using ncs dummy search for "metric" units. 


just checked and nothing in there about metric or to change to km...

 

very strange...

 

there must be a way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biotoxic said:

If I have a time today I'll post what it is in German. And just to be clear you want trip computer to display km instead of miles? 


so my speed, trip computer, distance...etc are already switched to km from i drive.  However strangely the cruise control still shows miles and when I coded as per my first post it stopped working.  Now reverted the coding and all is fine again...strange but in miles. I read that on 3 series they changed the vo to ece and not uk....but no info e60

 

thanks for you help.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't find it in kombi. The only reference was regarding the duration of how long it displays on a screen once cruise control is activated. Try to reset the module with SG_reset option, you will lose the coding and mileage. if it doesn't work, then change it to ece. You might have to default reset modules as the driving position on the road changes from left to right, it would also mean to default code the LMA and CAS and FLA if you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Biotoxic said:

Couldn't find it in kombi. The only reference was regarding the duration of how long it displays on a screen once cruise control is activated. Try to reset the module with SG_reset option, you will lose the coding and mileage. if it doesn't work, then change it to ece. You might have to default reset modules as the driving position on the road changes from left to right, it would also mean to default code the LMA and CAS and FLA if you have it.


Thanks mate.  Sounds risky right? It was a bit of a negligence from bmw as they should have made it change from the units section from the idrive.  Cars do change country.
 

can you explain the part were i can change from uk to ece please?  Is it in the kombi?  Or will it mess everything since we drive on left.

 

thx again.

Edited by tallman85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect changing the coding from RHD to LHD could mess up something but it can be done by changing the vehicle type on FA from PX72 to PX71.

 

If you have this coutry variant code ($812) on FA list I would probably try removing it and coding all modules.

 

812 ENGLAND  //ENGLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG

.

Edited by Clavurion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Clavurion said:

I suspect changing the coding from RHD to LHD could mess up something but it can be done by changing the vehicle type on FA from PX72 to PX71.

 

If you have this coutry variant code ($812) on FA list I would probably try removing it and coding all modules.

 

812 ENGLAND  //ENGLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG

.

 

Hello @Clavurion - Many thanks for this mate.  To be honest I was going to do it but then I thought a bit and stopped.  The risk outweighs the benefit in this case, and since no one did it before me or at least there is zero info on the internet about someone crazy like me trying to do this, I honestly am afraid to do it. But you are right, I do have PX72 and $812 in my list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tallman85 said:

 

Hello @Clavurion - Many thanks for this mate.  To be honest I was going to do it but then I thought a bit and stopped.  The risk outweighs the benefit in this case, and since no one did it before me or at least there is zero info on the internet about someone crazy like me trying to do this, I honestly am afraid to do it. But you are right, I do have PX72 and $812 in my list.  

 

With that country variant code $812 I don't see that much risk. And if something doesn't work like they should you can always reverse the coding back to original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

 

With that country variant code $812 I don't see that much risk. And if something doesn't work like they should you can always reverse the coding back to original.

So just removing the $812 and replace it with something else? or just remove it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tallman85 said:

So just removing the $812 and replace it with something else? or just remove it? 

 

Just remove that order option from FA list and then code car (all modules).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

 

Just remove that order option from FA list and then code car (all modules).

 

I would just default the VO in the main CAS.

Cos I think the LMA is only a back up at this stage unless it will complain that it is not the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tallman85 said:

 

I would just default the VO in the main CAS.

Cos I think the LMA is only a back up at this stage unless it will complain that it is not the same. 

 

If you want you don't need to save the changed FA to either of the modules to test this coding. Just change the FA list and do the coding (SG_CODIEREN) to all modules (Code Car).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

 

If you want you don't need to save the changed FA to either of the modules to test this coding. Just change the FA list and do the coding (SG_CODIEREN) to all modules (Code Car).


hello @Clavurion

is there a way to do it to all modules at once?  Or i have to do them one by one?  As it is long list right? i think the mains are kombi, cappl, cas, ehb3 right?  And all coding previously done will be lost?

 

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My car was imported from UK when it was 6 months old so I have the same issue as tallman85. I'm following with interest, although MPH in my cruise control is low on my list of annoyances that need fixing. 

Ireland like Malta, Japan, Australia is a RHD all metric country so surely this is accommodated.

 

Keliuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are all the Country and Language options. Perhaps test changing England $812 to Australia $810?

// ******************************** L A E N D E R V A R I A N T E N ****************************************************
W 801                   DEUTSCHLAND                     //DEUTSCHLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 802                   KOREA                           //KOREA-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 807                   JAPAN                           //JAPAN-AUSFUEHRUNG (ZWAKO SA845)
W 810                   AUSTRALIEN                      //AUSTRALIEN-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 812                   ENGLAND                         //ENGLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 815                                                   //SCHLECHTWEGEPAKET (ENTFALLEN BEI E60 PA190/150)
W 818                                                   //BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER IM GEPAECKRAUM
W 821                   AEGYPTEN                        //AEGYPTEN-AUSFUEHRUNG (LA 821 laeuft zu 09/06 aus lt. PA623/198)
W 822                   GOLF                            //GOLF-AUSFUEHRUNG (KUWAIT, ABU DHABI, BAHRAIN, KATAR, OMAN, SAUDI ARABIEN)ev-42
W 823                   HEISSLAND                       //HEIßLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG (SA!!!)
W 824                   SUEDAFRIKA                      //SUEDAFRIKA-AUSFUEHRUNG (Entfall ZU PU03/06 lt. PN PA623/120  --> SA5DS)
W 825                   OZEANIEN                        //RADIO-STEUERUNG OZEANIEN  (SA!!!)
W 828                                                   //STOSSFAENGER LAENDERVARIANTE
W 833                                                   //SINGAPUR-AUSFUEHRUNG  entfall gem.PA 603/184 vom 05.04.06 Stand 28.04
W 838                   KANADA                          //KANADA-AUSFUEHRUNG
//W 840                   HIGH_SPEED     Nicht für E6X!                 //HOCHGESCHWINDIGKEITSABSTIMMUNG (PA623/013)
W 842                   KALTLAND                        //KALTLANDAUSFUEHRUNG (FINNLAND, SCHWEDEN, NORWEGEN) (SA!!!)
W 843                   MOTORAUSLEGUNG                  //MOTORAUSLEGUNG (LEISTUNGSREDUZIERUNG FUER BELGIEN PA623/102)
W 845                   AK_GUWA                         //AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG (CC-MELDUNG + GONG (6sec) KOMBI)
W 846                   TAIWAN                          //TAIWAN-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 8AA                   CHINA                           //CHINA-AUSFUEHRUNG (nur China SKD Fahrzeuge, ansonsten Steuerung ueber spez. CKD-Motortypen!)
// ************************************* S P R A C H P A K E T E *******************************************************
W 851                   DEUTSCH                         //SPRACHE DEUTSCH (ENGLISCH GB, FRANZOESISCH)
W 852                   JAPANISCH                       //SPRACHE JAPANISCH (ENGLISCH GB, DEUTSCH)
W 853                   ENGLISCH                        //SPRACHE ENGLISCH (FRANZOESISCH, SPANISCH)
W 854                   FRANZOESISCH                    //SPRACHE FRANZÖSISCH (ENGLISCH GB, SPANISCH)
W 855                   ITALIENISCH                     //SPRACHE ITALIENISCH (ENGLISCH GB, DEUTSCH)
W 856                   SPANISCH                        //SPRACHE SPANISCH (ENGLISCH GB, FRANZOESISCH)
W 858                                                   //MOTORAUSLEGUNG FUER MINDERWERTIGEN KRAFTSTOFF PA190/166 (PAK)
//W 858                   FUSEL                           //MOTORAUSLEGUNG FUER MINDERWERTIGEN KRAFTSTOFF PA190/166 (PAK)
W 859                   OHNE_TV_VORN                    //DECODIERUNG TV FUNKTION VORNE (lt. PN8190/048)
W 861                   MILANSTEUERUNG1                 //AENDERUNG CODIERDATENSATZ "MIL-OFF" LAMPE (MOTORSG!)Auslauf 09/02.05
W 863                                                   //SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER EUROPA-HAENDLERVERZEICHNIS
W 864                                                   //SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER UEBERSEE
W 866                   CHINESISCH_TRAD                 //SPRACHE CHINESISCH TRADITIONELL (CHINESISCH SIMPL., ENGLISCH GB)PA190_196
W 867                   KOREANISCH                      //SPRACHE KOREANISCH (ENGLISCH GB, DEUTSCH)
W 868                   NIEDERLAENDISCH                 //SPRACHE HOLLAENDISCH (ENGLISCH GB, FRANZOESISCH)
W 869                   SCHWEIZ                         //SPRACHE SCHWEIZ-DEUTSCH (ITALIENISCH, FRANZOESISCH)
W 8A1                   POLNISCH                        //Sprachversion Polnisch //Polnisch/Englisch/Deutsch
W 8A2                   UNGARISCH                       //Sprachversion Ungarisch //Ungarisch/Englisch/Deutsch
W 8A3                   ARABISCH                        //Sprachpaket Arabisch. arabisch, Englich UK, Französisch
// *********************************************************************************************************************

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Here are all the Country and Language options. Perhaps test changing England $812 to Australia $810?


// ******************************** L A E N D E R V A R I A N T E N ****************************************************
W 801                   DEUTSCHLAND                     //DEUTSCHLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 802                   KOREA                           //KOREA-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 807                   JAPAN                           //JAPAN-AUSFUEHRUNG (ZWAKO SA845)
W 810                   AUSTRALIEN                      //AUSTRALIEN-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 812                   ENGLAND                         //ENGLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 815                                                   //SCHLECHTWEGEPAKET (ENTFALLEN BEI E60 PA190/150)
W 818                                                   //BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER IM GEPAECKRAUM
W 821                   AEGYPTEN                        //AEGYPTEN-AUSFUEHRUNG (LA 821 laeuft zu 09/06 aus lt. PA623/198)
W 822                   GOLF                            //GOLF-AUSFUEHRUNG (KUWAIT, ABU DHABI, BAHRAIN, KATAR, OMAN, SAUDI ARABIEN)ev-42
W 823                   HEISSLAND                       //HEIßLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG (SA!!!)
W 824                   SUEDAFRIKA                      //SUEDAFRIKA-AUSFUEHRUNG (Entfall ZU PU03/06 lt. PN PA623/120  --> SA5DS)
W 825                   OZEANIEN                        //RADIO-STEUERUNG OZEANIEN  (SA!!!)
W 828                                                   //STOSSFAENGER LAENDERVARIANTE
W 833                                                   //SINGAPUR-AUSFUEHRUNG  entfall gem.PA 603/184 vom 05.04.06 Stand 28.04
W 838                   KANADA                          //KANADA-AUSFUEHRUNG
//W 840                   HIGH_SPEED     Nicht für E6X!                 //HOCHGESCHWINDIGKEITSABSTIMMUNG (PA623/013)
W 842                   KALTLAND                        //KALTLANDAUSFUEHRUNG (FINNLAND, SCHWEDEN, NORWEGEN) (SA!!!)
W 843                   MOTORAUSLEGUNG                  //MOTORAUSLEGUNG (LEISTUNGSREDUZIERUNG FUER BELGIEN PA623/102)
W 845                   AK_GUWA                         //AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG (CC-MELDUNG + GONG (6sec) KOMBI)
W 846                   TAIWAN                          //TAIWAN-AUSFUEHRUNG
W 8AA                   CHINA                           //CHINA-AUSFUEHRUNG (nur China SKD Fahrzeuge, ansonsten Steuerung ueber spez. CKD-Motortypen!)
// ************************************* S P R A C H P A K E T E *******************************************************
W 851                   DEUTSCH                         //SPRACHE DEUTSCH (ENGLISCH GB, FRANZOESISCH)
W 852                   JAPANISCH                       //SPRACHE JAPANISCH (ENGLISCH GB, DEUTSCH)
W 853                   ENGLISCH                        //SPRACHE ENGLISCH (FRANZOESISCH, SPANISCH)
W 854                   FRANZOESISCH                    //SPRACHE FRANZÖSISCH (ENGLISCH GB, SPANISCH)
W 855                   ITALIENISCH                     //SPRACHE ITALIENISCH (ENGLISCH GB, DEUTSCH)
W 856                   SPANISCH                        //SPRACHE SPANISCH (ENGLISCH GB, FRANZOESISCH)
W 858                                                   //MOTORAUSLEGUNG FUER MINDERWERTIGEN KRAFTSTOFF PA190/166 (PAK)
//W 858                   FUSEL                           //MOTORAUSLEGUNG FUER MINDERWERTIGEN KRAFTSTOFF PA190/166 (PAK)
W 859                   OHNE_TV_VORN                    //DECODIERUNG TV FUNKTION VORNE (lt. PN8190/048)
W 861                   MILANSTEUERUNG1                 //AENDERUNG CODIERDATENSATZ "MIL-OFF" LAMPE (MOTORSG!)Auslauf 09/02.05
W 863                                                   //SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER EUROPA-HAENDLERVERZEICHNIS
W 864                                                   //SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER UEBERSEE
W 866                   CHINESISCH_TRAD                 //SPRACHE CHINESISCH TRADITIONELL (CHINESISCH SIMPL., ENGLISCH GB)PA190_196
W 867                   KOREANISCH                      //SPRACHE KOREANISCH (ENGLISCH GB, DEUTSCH)
W 868                   NIEDERLAENDISCH                 //SPRACHE HOLLAENDISCH (ENGLISCH GB, FRANZOESISCH)
W 869                   SCHWEIZ                         //SPRACHE SCHWEIZ-DEUTSCH (ITALIENISCH, FRANZOESISCH)
W 8A1                   POLNISCH                        //Sprachversion Polnisch //Polnisch/Englisch/Deutsch
W 8A2                   UNGARISCH                       //Sprachversion Ungarisch //Ungarisch/Englisch/Deutsch
W 8A3                   ARABISCH                        //Sprachpaket Arabisch. arabisch, Englich UK, Französisch
// *********************************************************************************************************************

 

 

Are sure Australia is in km and not mph? @Keliuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clavurion said:

 

Just by google picture search it seems that their speedo is purely km/h like the ECE models.

yes it is what i did too :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Clavurion

 

Is there a way to do it to all modules at once?  Or i have to do them one by one?  As it is long list right? i think the mains are kombi, cappl, cas, ehb3 right?  And all coding previously done will be lost?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though there seems to be no relevant parameters on cluster regarding country variant. Of course this cruise speed info could be set by some other module. I have a feeling this is something to do if the cluster is mph or km/h version. For example when retrofitting cruise control coding with NCS is not sufficient on all models. You have to poke the hex values on the cluster with Tool32 to get the cruise working. It could be something similar with cruise speed setting showing on the cluster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Though there seems to be no relevant parameters on cluster regarding country variant. Of course this cruise speed info could be set by some other module. I have a feeling this is something to do if the cluster is mph or km/h version. For example when retrofitting cruise control coding with NCS is not sufficient on all models. You have to poke the hex values on the cluster with Tool32 to get the cruise working. It could be something similar with cruise speed setting showing on the cluster.

 

I see - Tool32 is no-fly-zone for me as I never used it before.  

For example, when modifying this is the EHB3 module,

 

C0C_V_EINHEIT
Wert_00 ---> km/h
Wert_01 ---> mls

C0C_SETZ_V_MAX
Wert_01 ---> km/h
wert_02 ---> mls

 

the cruise control does switch to km on the kombi, however the cruise control will not engage and blinks an error in yellow.  somehow there is something that is conflicting with the km.  very strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, try these changes on EHB module. They are all linked to the last parameter V_EINHEIT. If the cruise still does the same thing it must be something on mph vs. km/h cluster that should be changed with Tool32 Hex.

 

SETZ_V_MAX_CC
wert_02 -> wert_01

SETZ_V_MIN
wert_02 -> wert_01

V_ABSCHALT
wert_02 -> wert_01

V_EINHEIT
wert_01 -> wert_00
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×