d_a_n1979

Coronavirus/Covid19

I've been furloughed from work, we make stuff for Jag Land Rover, Bentley, Honda etc and we either cant get supplies or cant send our stuff to the factories around Europe. 

2 hours ago, dj1233 said:

I'll admit that since watching that, I have been scrolling through the internet finding data (real data, not created by an unknown source). And found the report by the NHS of daily Covid 19 deaths. The daily figures are a lot lower than what's being headlined by the News teams who seem to be artificially inflating them. Or they are adding in "normal" deaths to this figure . . . . . 

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

Link to Office For National Statistics for previous death rates (by year & week)

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths

I'll be keeping an eye on the daily number of deaths reported by the news & cross reference it to what the NHS publishes in their report.

I'm not in denial that Covid exists, or isn't causing deaths but I am starting to think that it has been hyped up in to a storm of fear and has lead to Democratic nations turning in to Police states & Dictatorships. 

As someone working in a hospital helping to provide critical care I can assure you that it is very serious indeed. Please stick to the advice the government has issued and try to keep as many people safe as possible. 

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

As someone working in a hospital helping to provide critical care I can assure you that it is very serious indeed. Please stick to the advice the government has issued and try to keep as many people safe as possible. 

Well said

I think the larger part of the Nation's patience will start wearing a little thin in about a fortnight's time if some serious answers, truths and plans don't start being admitted.

Matt Hancocks's sunbathing ban won't go down very will with all those people who haven't got a garden or anywhere to even get fresh air; I feel very privileged to have a nice garden and very sorry for those who have no personal access to a place of fresh air and sunshine.

The plans that need to be declared are a testing plan for the masses of people outside of NHS and other key workers and those with access to private testing, an outline plan of a resolution to the lockdown, and a plan for vaccinations once an antidote is successfully discovered.

The truths we need are the actual numbers that have died from Covid19 as opposed to those who have died with Covid19, as well as the daily death rate for the UK whilst this situation is ongoing so we can establish how many more people are actually dying due to Covid19 compared to the general death rate in the UK of between 1500 and 1600, and a detailed breakdown of ages, underlying health problems and any other circumstances of those who died directly because of Covid19.

The answers we need are how long are the Government planning to keep the lockdown in place and what other plans they are prepared to put into action to keep fiscally afloat those who haven't been captured in the plans so far - and there are perhaps millions of them.

Edited by sharkfan

Very well said - I was just walking back from the local coop having very similar thoughts.

Further, if a small minority of people are 'flouting' the rules, specifically deal with them. Don't threaten the whole nation with draconian measures.

1 hour ago, sharkfan said:

I think the larger part of the Nation's patience will start wearing a little thin in about a fortnight's time if some serious answers, truths and plans don't start being admitted.

Matt Hancocks's sunbathing ban won't go down very will with all those people who haven't got a garden or anywhere to even get fresh air; I feel very privileged to have a nice garden and very sorry for those who have no personal access to a place of fresh air and sunshine.

The plans that need to be declared are a testing plan for the masses of people outside of NHS and other key workers and those with access to private testing, an outline plan of a resolution to the lockdown, and a plan for vaccinations once an antidote is successfully discovered.

The truths we need are the actual numbers that have died from Covid19 as opposed to those who have died with Covid19, as well as the daily death rate for the UK whilst this situation is ongoing so we can establish how many more people are actually dying due to Covid19 compared to the general death rate in the UK of between 1500 and 1600, and a detailed breakdown of ages, underlying health problems and any other circumstances of those who died directly because of Covid19.

The answers we need are how long are the Government planning to keep the lockdown in place and what other plans they are prepared to put into action to keep fiscally afloat those who haven't been captured in the plans so far - and there are perhaps millions of them.

I completely agree. People flout rules and laws on a day to day basis anyway, to think people would stick by more rules is naive. Unless you have a full lock down there needs to be an understanding that people will flout rules; so long as persistent offenders are dealt with the rest of us are free to continue what we are doing. 

The only way out of this is to test everyone and treat those who test positive for it. The lockdown protects the NHS and vulnerable people, but it won't end the virus. 

We have had a lot of young people without any underlying health conditions seriously ill, requiring intensive care and ventilation. I’m talking about people in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. It is not true that it just affects the old and the vulnerable. No one is immune from getting seriously ill. Mortality is about 50% for ventilated patients. 

On a positive note, we have successfully treated and discharged over 50 people who were in need of hospital treatment. 

I know it’s hard to keep to the rules but it really is essential in order to slow down the transmission of this dreadful disease and allow the NHS to be able to cope. We are fearful of having to make terrible decisions about who and who doesn’t get full treatment. Please. Stay at home. 

18 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

We have had a lot of young people without any underlying health conditions seriously ill, requiring intensive care and ventilation. I’m talking about people in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. It is not true that it just affects the old and the vulnerable. No one is immune from getting seriously ill. Mortality is about 50% for ventilated patients. 

On a positive note, we have successfully treated and discharged over 50 people who were in need of hospital treatment. 

I know it’s hard to keep to the rules but it really is essential in order to slow down the transmission of this dreadful disease and allow the NHS to be able to cope. We are fearful of having to make terrible decisions about who and who doesn’t get full treatment. Please. Stay at home. 

I just hope what you say, actually sticks and makes people think about going out... I still don’t get why people can’t see how serious this pandemic is and why they feel that sunbathing in a park or similar, where crowds still seem to be gathering isn’t the right thing to do...!

Yes, were all allowed to exercise once a day from a home base, but stick to that (exercise does not mean sunbathing)...

Its really not a hard rule to follow. Stay home, stay safe and help to stop the transmission of this horrible virus, help to save lives and help the NHS...

21 minutes ago, Lennox said:

Just announced, Boris going into hospital. Hope he's OK. emoji1696.png

Just seen this, they say he’s been admitted as a precautionary, seriously hope he’s ok (as I do with everyone else) :-|

Well I followed the ONS link provided further up and found this page for w/e 29th March, the latest analysed week...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending20march2020

Figure 1 shows;

deaths per week since the beginning of the year, 

average deaths per week for the last five years,

deaths per week attributed to influenza or pneumonia,

average deaths per week atrributed to influenza or pnemonia for the last five years,

deaths recorded with Covid19.

Figure 2 shows all deaths recorded by age group and covid19 deaths by age group.

It answers my questions regarding the total amount of deaths per week and those attributable specifically to covid19, as well as providing a stark comparison to the number of deaths attributable to influenza and pneumonia.

Boris should have taken medical advice which is to rest instead of running the country.  You can see how bad he is with his video tweets.  He had pneumonia when he was younger therefore could be a underline condition (aware and unfortunately this does affect healthy people)  

Apparently his fever is still there.

If he is told to rest now, I think it will either be Raab or Gove who will be the temporary PM.  Therefore especially if Gove is PM, get well very soon Boris 

Hopefully Stanley Johnson will now stop with all of his thoughtless comments 

Edited by nealpina

47 minutes ago, AnilS said:

He didn't look great via video link. Fingers crossed for him.

This... Hope he gets through this soon enough 

29 minutes ago, nealpina said:

Agreed

How have you and your family been coping?

Ok considering. We have the funeral arranged for this Thursday but only 10 can attend. We'll have to abide by the guidelines but 2 son in laws won't make it in.

50 minutes ago, AnilS said:

Ok considering. We have the funeral arranged for this Thursday but only 10 can attend. We'll have to abide by the guidelines but 2 son in laws won't make it in.

I am sure your Father-in-law and Uncle will understand why, that the 2 son-in-laws will be there in mind and spirit.

Just out of curiosity are the funeral at the same time?

3 hours ago, greenelekta said:

Herd immunity working!

You  seem to find it amusing that the PM is in ICU Dave when just a few weeks ago you were posting...

On 16 March 2020 at 22:05, greenelekta said:

Well, having a serious lung condition I am seeing things a bit different now and its not funny!

46 minutes ago, nealpina said:

I am sure your Father-in-law and Uncle will understand why, that the 2 son-in-laws will be there in mind and spirit.

Just out of curiosity are the funeral at the same time?

Thanks. No. Different days and different crematoriums.

:-(