Jump to content
d_a_n1979

Coronavirus/Covid19

Recommended Posts

Anil, I had my mums funeral last Friday (not covid related, she was 93 and old age got her).  Between the virus and regulations, there ended up being only 5 of us there. If the attendees are not living in the same household, they will be asked to sit 2 metres apart.  No gathering afterwards either.  We're planning on doing a get together after all this blows over.

Edited by rincewind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you mate. I've heard this also.

My FIL has 6 daughters.

Imagine the number of spouses and grandchildren, and things are going to get spicy.

 

Sorry to hear about your loss. 

God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My condolences Anil and to anyone else who loses family and friends in these unusual times. 

 

My best pals dad died ten days ago (not CV19 related) and the funeral was this Monday gone. One of his sisters lives in Brisbane and obviously couldn't make it over so they streamed the funeral ceremony live for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My condolences Anil and to anyone else who loses family and friends in these unusual times. 
 
My best pals dad died ten days ago (not CV19 related) and the funeral was this Monday gone. One of his sisters lives in Brisbane and obviously couldn't make it over so they streamed the funeral ceremony live for her.
Sorry to hear sir. The world is definitely hurting right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Covid 19 took my father in law this morning. He didn't stand a chance. It was brutal.
 
Stay safe people.
Matey sorry to hear. I'm scared myself. I have a history of chest infections so worried it hits me hard when I (I'm assuming the worst) get it.

I've even been CHECKING all my insurances to see what my wife and kids gets if I pop it.

Scary times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would echo the sentiments of deepest sorrow for anyone suffering bereavement due to this horrible disease, but equally fed up with people moaning about being 'stuck' indoors, try thinking of it as being 'SAFE' indoors and that might change a few perspectives?

 

I live in a small village on the outskirts of a big town, my road is a no-through road that leads to a playing field with some kiddies play equipment and a small wooded area with a pond. Normally I can work in my front garden and not see a soul for hours at a time, but now it's like fucking Piccadilly Circus going past our front door!

 

We have walkers, joggers, cyclists, families with push chairs and on Tuesday the police turned up and questioned the owners of around 20 cars parked by the side of the road who had driven here to walk their dogs or 'take the fresh air'.

 

Do these morons not understand 'social isolating'? It's not the act of driving or walking or cycling, it's the outcome if they are involved in an accident, or stranded because their car breaks down, get a bloody grip and STAY AT HOME!

 

Oh, and one more rant, I started up as self employed at the beginning of February, my job involved going into peoples houses, that is now on hold for the foreseeable future. I have very little in the way of savings and the government measures for self employed don't cover me so it's universal credit or starve. After registering online it took two days to get through to the UC people to arrange an initial telephone interview, I have been given an appointment for 18th April and can expect no financial help before then :(

Edited by pauliexjr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, pauliexjr said:

I would echo the sentiments of deepest sorrow for anyone suffering bereavement due to this horrible disease, but equally fed up with people moaning about being 'stuck' indoors, try thinking of it as being 'SAFE' indoors and that might change a few perspectives?

 

I live in a small village on the outskirts of a big town, my road is a no-through road that leads to a playing field with some kiddies play equipment and a small wooded area with a pond. Normally I can work in my front garden and not see a soul for hours at a time, but now it's like fucking Piccadilly Circus going past our front door!

 

We have walkers, joggers, cyclists, families with push chairs and on Tuesday the police turned up and questioned the owners of around 20 cars parked by the side of the road who had driven here to walk their dogs or 'take the fresh air'.

 

Do these morons not understand 'social isolating'? It's not the act of driving or walking or cycling, it's the outcome if they are involved in an accident, or stranded because their car breaks down, get a bloody grip and STAY AT HOME!

 

Oh, and one more rant, I started up as self employed at the beginning of February, my job involved going into peoples houses, that is now on hold for the foreseeable future. I have very little in the way of savings and the government measures for self employed don't cover me so it's universal credit or starve. After registering online it took two days to get through to the UC people to arrange an initial telephone interview, I have been given an appointment for 18th April and can expect no financial help before then :(

 

Feel for you Paul

 

Even though my Limited Company has been registered since 2016, due to me being a director that takes dividends, I get zero help as well... :roll:

 

Re the folk parking up & going for a walk; yes, all wankers! 

 

We're not too bad here, quiet cul de sac and more an elderly neighbourhood, so folk are out, but it's far and few between. But my pal lives a few miles from us, in the countryside & on a B road; daily, they're seeing groups of cyclists going out on their rides, around 8-20 at a time, in a large group! Beyond stupid, but these folk don't seem to give 2 shits about themselves or each other

 

Good luck in going forward; stay safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thoughts go out to all who have lost loved ones during this horrible time.
 
Stay positive [mention=36204]Lennox[/mention] and indoors.
Cheers bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel desperately sorry for the self employed who cannot work at this time, especially those who have only just recently taken the leap and are now up shit creek.. Just for once, I find myself in a fortunate position at the moment as I have extensive PPE to allow me to attend breakdowns and emergencies. Inbetween I have the heating for two homes to complete... I'd been putting them off for months as it isn't really what I enjoy doing but I can tip up on site knowing that there will be no one else there and just do my thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folk are still buying and selling cars. Including some on here. A car that is full of someone else's bugs. That sounds a really clever thing to do. Besides what

 part of an essential journey is that, to go and collect a new car.

 

Stay at home.

 

Muppets.

 

We had four cars parked up near us yesterday, non locals obviously, park up to walk their dogs by the river. 

 

Stay at home.

 

Muppets.

 

35 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

 

daily, they're seeing groups of cyclists going out on their rides, around 8-20 at a time, in a large group! Beyond stupid, 

 

 

 I think the tight Lycra must strangle the blood from getting to their brains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Folk are still buying and selling cars. Including some on here. A car that is full of someone else's bugs. That sounds a really clever thing to do. Besides what

 part of an essential journey is that, to go and collect a new car.

 

Stay at home.

 

Muppets.

 

We had four cars parked up near us yesterday, non locals obviously, park up to walk their dogs by the river. 

 

Stay at home.

 

Muppets.

 

 

 I think the tight Lycra must strangle the blood from getting to their brains.

 

Yup; all knobbers... :mad: 

 

Selling/swapping/asking for new wheels; why? What's so pissing urgent that you feel you need to do it when the whole country is in lockdown; it's not an advisory, it's a formal request from the government. IMO the lockdown is going to get more serious soon; more so that the death rate, is, unfortunately going up :( 

 

You see all the cockends on FB doing exactly the opposite of what's been asked... FFS; just leave it until we're all out of this, better bargains could be had at that time too! :roll: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed many more people out and about but perhaps that's just as they are at home rather than at work and trying to amuse the kids or not go stir crazy.

 

This is fine assuming you are following the distancing protocols as i see it but so many don't.

 

Definitely more runners and cyclists out and about getting in my way!

 

(i'm doing my usual run from my house and back by the way giving plenty of distance)

 

A clear queue system at our tesco, one in one out and a limit of about 4 people in store - people still try and jump the queue with "i only want a..." :rolleyes:


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E39mad said:

Perhaps the mods can shut down the buy/sell section for a few weeks or whatever is deemed necessary

 

Could be an idea; this has happened on quite a few hifi forums I'm on (however, they're monitoring those and making sure it's postage only but after asking those that are trying to sell/buy if it's really deemed essential at the time) etc; which, we all know it isn't!

Some of the FB groups have stopped folk from selling cars too; personally they should have stopped them all from selling anything until this is all over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

I've noticed many more people out and about but perhaps that's just as they are at home rather than at work and trying to amuse the kids or not go stir crazy.

 

Yes, we are doing that going out for a walk with the littlun on her scooter. Folk are very good and stick to the edges of the paths when passing each other and almost to the point where little eye contact is made to avoid the need to stop and make conversation.

 

Folk are clearly going out for fresh air and exercise which is allowed, but round our way atleast is been quite nice weather after so much rain in Feb and March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, E39mad said:

Perhaps the mods can shut down the buy/sell section for a few weeks or whatever is deemed necessary

 

Good shout, we have hidden the cars sub-forum for now.  All existing topics and posts are still there for when we un-hide the sub-forum but for now, we must act responsibly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I,ve just been travelling south on the M5 heading to Devon to load cheese and although relatively quiet you do wonder what the couple with small child all sat in the front of a VW T4 and the couple in the blinged up Discovery3 on trade plates are doing,

GO HOME!!!

I,ve got to be out and just want to be at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A changed happened in me on Tuesday night whereby I just stop analysing all the 'ifs' and 'buts'  of the virus.    As I was reassuring people I know; and had a few arguments about the false information on WhatsApp etc - thankfully they have stop sending me their sh*t.   To be fair to them I know they are scared and the misinformation reassures them, but I won't sit back and not correct it especially if they are someone who I genuinely care about 

 

I live very near to my parents therefore I'm staying with them.  My Mum is considered to be a key worker, therefore been taking her to work because she doesn't drive.  We may have less traffic on the roads but the driving standards have worsen.  I could upload more bad driving from my dashcam  for this week, then of the year so far.

 

My company has been exempt with certain suppliers to do car deliveries for key workers (if they need a car).

 

I am PAYE and Self Employed company director and I won't receive much through furlough, but hopefully they will sort out the gaps with directors who are self employed.  To be fair to HMRC schemes like these take between 12 to 18 months to do.  Therefore hopefully all the holes will be filled and HMRC just need more time, because they are working extremely hard behind the scenes. I am aware I can be wrong about the current gaps . 

 

My friend, his Mother passed away a few weeks ago and the funeral was on 18 March.  There was no blood of Christ at the Eucharist, and we didn't offer the sign of peace be with you - meaning shaking of the hand.  When we all said hello and bye we all did the elbow shake.  It felt so surreal at the time.

Edited by nealpina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the good work tho @740mick, the country needs its food supplies.

 

I appreciate everyone that is currently helping the sick and those involved in the food supply and associated logistics industry at the moment. Keeping the country safe and fed is top priority at the moment.  I applaud you all.

 

What I'm doing at work at the moment really isn't important, which doesn't sit well with me given what some folks are having to do but I'm lucky enough to be able to work at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to do some "essential travel" today with my wife to pick up the death certificate. Then take to the registrar's office. :(

People observed seem to be behaving sensibly but there seemed to be quite a few cars on the road. Not sure if they had essential journeys or avoiding public transport?

 

I'm on the one of the hifi forums d_a_n is on and it does seem that sales have slowed down significantly.

It makes sense to suspend as E39mad suggests.

 

Is it really worth such a risk?

 

I have a load of HiFi bits I was gearing up to sell (as I was between jobs so idle hands) but they will not be sold yet, as I don't want buyers to come to my house.

 

The job lined up has evaporated but no panic. (I'm not claiming benefits either but let's see).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, this piece of mis-information takes the absolute biscuit:

 

My sister, who lives in Southport has just rung. She informs me she is not even going out in her garden as her best friend has told her the virus is airborn and being brought in by the winds from America. 

 

Then  to compound this load of old bollocks she tells me the Government are commandeering local parks in preperation to dig mass graves as the estimates and forcasts for mortality is running into millions!

 

If I lived closer I'd confiscate her phone and laptop, as it is I could only tell her to grow up and start using the brain that got her a bloody doctorate :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pauliexjr said:

Ok, this piece of mis-information takes the absolute biscuit:

 

My sister, who lives in Southport has just rung. She informs me she is not even going out in her garden as her best friend has told her the virus is airborn and being brought in by the winds from America. 

 

Then  to compound this load of old bollocks she tells me the Government are commandeering local parks in preperation to dig mass graves as the estimates and forcasts for mortality is running into millions!

 

If I lived closer I'd confiscate her phone and laptop, as it is I could only tell her to grow up and start using the brain that got her a bloody doctorate :blink:

They are going stir crazy and believing everything that they read on FB... I'm being hounded my buffoons who genuinely believe that 5G phone masts are causing pneumonia and it is a government cover up as contractors are out in their hundreds putting up more masts to kill more people... Fortunately it is usually a friend of a friend called Sharon or Tracy who is telling me to get on to Youtube to educate myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Tin foil hats anyone?! :? 

Not for me thanks but I have discovered that if I sit a frozen ready meal on my new5G phone and set the alarm for four minutes it does heat it through nicely..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×