d_a_n1979

Coronavirus/Covid19

At the risk of being called a racist, but many Central Europeans have a very Blase attitude to this outbreak...  The Leader of Belarus has made no provisions for the epidemic  at all and has publicly stated that the virus in nothing that vodka and time in the sauna can't cure...

Took little un and dog to park earlier. Well away from everyone just playing ball. Another pup came up to ours ( young and boisterous which my dog doesn't like) owner came over but didn't distance kept try to move back but also not stress my little un ( she's aware of virus but too young to get it-understand the implications i mean). How dumb are people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping China doesn't have other 'approaches' to curbing this pandemic as some stats show a high volume of mobile users dropping off...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

3 hours ago, Lennox said:

I'm hoping China doesn't have other 'approaches' to curbing this pandemic as some stats show a high volume of mobile users dropping off...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

That's the problem with modern phones... They have the possibillity to record your every cough.....

11 hours ago, Johnjonjo said:

What will it take for these d**kheads to understand?

Suggestions?

I don’t think they have the intelligence to understand, or they do, and just don’t give a shit about the situation, anyone else including themselves 

#youcantteachstupid

3 hours ago, Karl said:

That's the problem with modern phones... They have the possibillity to record your every cough.....

Careful coughing around Alexa :lol: 

1 minute ago, Johnjonjo said:

The more seriously people take isolation now then the shorter it will last

Here's hoping... Could prove to be difficult to manage though as there are still folk out there that either question the governments request (ie stay home, essential travel ONLY and exercise from home) and others that simply don't care and are still doing what they feel like... 

14 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Here's hoping... Could prove to be difficult to manage though as there are still folk out there that either question the governments request (ie stay home, essential travel ONLY and exercise from home) and others that simply don't care and are still doing what they feel like... 

Fair enough, those people having parties, gatherings etc. are complete dickheads, no issue with that. But there are hundreds of thousands of others on zero hours contracts, self-employed, told they have to go to work etc. who have to make a choice between the risk of infection and feeding their families. I think it's crass to assume all those people you see in those pics/vids of the tube in London are all stupid and 'doing what they like'.

Johnson, Cummings, Gove et all have presided over a public policy disaster;  their advice was at odds with WHO guidelines and different to measures being taken by most of the rest of the world only to rapidly volte face when they realised how many would die if they continued. So now the blame game begins, they obviously don't want to shoulder any of it, so they want us to blame 'the others' the ones in the pics and videos the ones who are 'selfish' and 'stupid'. Cynical? nah, not me.

There is no doubt that people on zero hour contracts and self employed are not being supported as they should be. Alot more has to be done immediately, they should never be put in the situation of health vs food/bills. 

The government was extremely slow to react and in due course this needs to be investigated. Right now we have to make best of the situation in hand.

As for those going out for other than work, medicine or food are simply dickheads. Government was slow but those who go out unnecessarily should be ashamed.

48 minutes ago, soupdragon said:

Fair enough, those people having parties, gatherings etc. are complete dickheads, no issue with that. But there are hundreds of thousands of others on zero hours contracts, self-employed, told they have to go to work etc. who have to make a choice between the risk of infection and feeding their families. I think it's crass to assume all those people you see in those pics/vids of the tube in London are all stupid and 'doing what they like'.

Johnson, Cummings, Gove et all have presided over a public policy disaster;  their advice was at odds with WHO guidelines and different to measures being taken by most of the rest of the world only to rapidly volte face when they realised how many would die if they continued. So now the blame game begins, they obviously don't want to shoulder any of it, so they want us to blame 'the others' the ones in the pics and videos the ones who are 'selfish' and 'stupid'. Cynical? nah, not me.

I never mentioned anyone on the tube, at all, anywhere in what I've written! I'm talking about the dickheads that go out in their cars to buy gym equipment/windows/car wheels etc that are going against the ESSENTIAL ONLY travel advice...

You're reading into the comments too much I feel :) 

1 hour ago, soupdragon said:

Johnson, Cummings, Gove et all have presided over a public policy disaster;  their advice was at odds with WHO guidelines and different to measures being taken by most of the rest of the world only to rapidly volte face when they realised how many would die if they continued. 

Rather Bozza than Corbyn, Abbott et al.... Very lucky escape there. 

22 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

I never mentioned anyone on the tube, at all, anywhere in what I've written! I'm talking about the dickheads that go out in their cars to buy gym equipment/windows/car wheels etc that are going against the ESSENTIAL ONLY travel advice...

You're reading into the comments too much I feel :) 

I think you've missed the point I was trying to make. :mellow:

8 minutes ago, soupdragon said:

I think you've missed the point I was trying to make. :mellow:

#nevermindcarryon :) 

Whilst I was out and about today with work I was encouraged to see police flagging cars down for random checks.

Hopefully this might make people think twice before venturing out if they don't need to. 

Just now, Hippy said:

Whilst I was out and about today with work I was encouraged to see police flagging cars down for random checks.

Hopefully this might make people think twice before venturing out if they don't need to. 

Yup; they're doing a lot of this in/around Preston too :) 

Untill they close tubes and trains( main spreaders) how can anyone take them seriously. Gov gotta get revenue though eh.

I heard about a car that was pulled over for no tax or insurance. Turns out the driver just bought the car from a Facebook ad and were on their way home. The driver was fined for no tax/insurance and for breaking the lockdown rules. His buddy in the other car was fined for breaking the lockdown rules. I laughed when I saw that post. 

I've noticed this evening that most takeaway shops, of which there are a lot in Portsmouth, are closed. The only places that are opened now are the supermarkets, convenience stores, fuel stations, and Dominos (delivery only).