Daveh65

Budget dual action polisher

Has anyone got any suggestions for a decent but budget DA Polisher ? Seen a few on the bay but apart from that I’m pretty much in the dark 

You could probably pick up a Megs G220.  I got one for my 30th birthday, some years ago now.  Good bit of kit, variable speeds.  Just a case of getting the right pads and polish combo.

BMW paint is hard so its quite an easy car to start with in terms of that you won't do any damage to any paintwork.  Just means the swirls etc are harder to polish out.

Most recommended is a DAS 6 Pro. Have a look here https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/paint-correction/polishing-machines/dual-action-polishers or here https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/products/paint-correction/polishing-machines.html?p=2

I don't know your budget but machine only is £115 or there are kits with pads / polish.
Best bet is to give either of them a call and talk through your requirements.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Appreciate that! I was looking at the megs power detailer that goes on a drill, not how good it would be but also liked the reviews  on the das 6 pro 

1 hour ago, Daveh65 said:

Appreciate that! I was looking at the megs power detailer that goes on a drill,

Looks o.k. does that. 

I think a dedicated DA machine would be better though.

I've barely used mine since I became a dad, long gone are the days when you can spend 12+ hours detailing a car.......

I’ve got this one and TBH I’ve been impressed with it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GWSZJ2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im not a pro Detailer, but I do like to keep my car polished when possible.

Ive looked into DAs but didn’t want to fork out £150-200 on something that gets used every so often.

Went through loads of different options and settled on this due to decent reviews and results etc

Thanks for that , looks ok, had one similar about 12 years ago but felt it was too much for paint work, probably needed to tuition first! 

On 3/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, Daveh65 said:

Thanks for that , looks ok, had one similar about 12 years ago but felt it was too much for paint work, probably needed to tuition first! 

Nah,

Not on bm paint, anyway it's all about pads, speed, heat & grade of compounds 

DA's tend to be easier for newbie's but pro's preferences are for a rotory polisher to get the job done

As mentioned bm paint is hard, many wet sand first if the swirls are bad.

I haven't had 12 hours spare for a detail for 20 years :huh:

I've got a PC7424 (yes I'm that long in the tooth with detailing) and haven't used it for at least five years properly. My advice would be to factor in the cost of the kit vs having the car done once properly and then maintaining it and being careful when washing regularly. The purchase cost of a machine and pads is best part of £200 and I've seen recent offers of a 2 stage correction for £300 as COVID-19 bites. 

Worth considering if you'll ever use the machine again or if it'll gather dust like mine!