Sign in to follow this  
fuzzyedges

Yet another BMW main dealer fail.

The wiring loom on my car after a visit to the Dick Lovett bodyshop Bristol. I was wondering why the towbar electrics weren't working. I have assumed that the loom to the towbar had been cut through to remove the bumper for repair. Doing this to the wiring left exposed voltages right next to the battery and fuel filler neck. A short to earth causing a spark could of started a fire. I am rather cross about this.

IMG_20200214_121511.jpg

I've phoned the Bristol bodyshop and after initially denying they'd done any work on the bumper they stated that they'd only performed a smart repair on the rear bumper. Meaning they didn't need to remove it. So therefore they couldn't have damaged the loom. They have agreed to look at the damage and I'm taking the car into them on Monday 17th Feb. But it doesn't appear as though they're going to accept responsibility.

Edited by fuzzyedges

Yehaaa.

I am afraid that dealers are just a franchise for the brand, so service is very variable.

Shocking, pun intended.

I am enjoying driving BMW's but I don't like Stealers.

Edited by Jimbo07g41

36 minutes ago, Jimbo07g41 said:

I am enjoying driving BMW's but I don't like Stealers.

Always been my viewpoint. 

In fairness I had reasonably good experience from Dick Lovesit Bristol but not 100% by any means.

My wife has a vauxhall astra. The brand "premium" of bmw and dare I say snobbery against Vx is entirely misplaced and unjustified. 

I had booked a visit to my local sytner this week. My mates and wife were WTF sytner??? After last time? I gave them benefit of the doubt,it was just an alignment. Luckily they managed to F up before they even got the car on the ramps this time. Never again.  And I mean it this time ha.

Bmw dealers are (IME) the absolute worst thing about the cars. 

Edited by bmwmike

On 14/02/2020 at 20:24, Jimbo07g41 said:

Yehaaa.

I am afraid that dealers are just a franchise for the brand, so service is very variable.

Shocking, pun intended.

I reckon this one is just down to an individual technician taking the decision to use a pair of snips instead of taking his time to unwire it, which it didn't need just to take a bumper off. 

Still it doesn't make it right and needs to be sorted.

Let us know how you get on.