nashdm2

B58 High Oil Consumption

Hi Guys, those of you with this engine, have you experienced any high oil consumption issues please?

Looking at the 3 series forums, and lots of guys in the USA suffering "low oil level lights" after about 3k miles. Many of them then get the same at 6k, then 9k, etc etc.

4 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

Hi Guys, those of you with this engine, have you experienced any high oil consumption issues please?

Looking at the 3 series forums, and lots of guys in the USA suffering "low oil level lights" after about 3k miles. Many of them then get the same at 6k, then 9k, etc etc.

No oil usage here Dave. That's after 10000 miles and one oil service. 

Thanks guys, this is really strange. Its all over the 3 series forums where many of them are having real issues, even after 2k miles in some people. What I don't understand is how some have it and others don't.

I know the B58 in the new 3 series has 382bhp, which is quite an increase from other cars that have it. Is it something to do with that maybe? I am at a loss, but thanks for the replies.

Edited by nashdm2

18 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

Thanks guys, this is really strange. Its all over the 3 series forums where many of them are having real issues, even after 2k miles in some people. What I don't understand is how some have it and others don't.

I know the B58 in the new 3 series has 382bhp, which is quite an increase from other cars that have it. Is it something to do with that maybe? I am at a loss, but thanks for the replies.

Possibly Dave, the B58 in the 3 has "M" fettling (M340i) raising the BHP from the 5/6's 340Bhp.