CarlBM

E39 SOLD

2003 E39 530i Sport - limited edition Aegean blue

car now sold to the first viewer.

Edited by CarlBM
Sold

Hi,

Any rust on the car, knocks from the suspension, hesitation from the gearbox (has the gearbox been serviced)? How come you are selling it?

Any extra options?

Thanks

Edited by cawmere

45 minutes ago, Tobyio said:

Is the car as your profile location in southend on sea? thanks 

Its located on my partners driveway in Leigh on sea. But pretty much Southend. 

1 hour ago, cawmere said:

Hi,

Any rust on the car, knocks from the suspension, hesitation from the gearbox (has the gearbox been serviced)? How come you are selling it?

Any extra options?

Thanks

I had rust on the boot lid and petrol cap area, but that was sorted years ago, not returned since.

End of last year i had rust on the drivers rear sill, this was cut out and new metal in and painted , all done by a bodyshop.

I think there's surface on the very corner of the front door. Other than that pretty solid i believe.  

Gearbox is fine, but no service.

suspension is fine.

I haven't had the opportunity to change car for years due to poor credit history, end of last year this was resolved finally. Had been looking to jump ship to a 335i coupe as the kids are old enough to not need feerying about , but a low mileage 330i came up literally on my door stop so took the plunge. 

forgot the last question, I honestly don't know what extras were available to the car, it has the satnav version. The only thing I can think of was the double glazing, which it does not have. 

Edited by CarlBM

I think there's a lot to be said to see a car owned and looked after for so many years by one person.

Fair price I'd say, GLWTS. 

Lovely car. GLWTS

Being an Aegean Edition model I don't think you could add extras to it but it come well specced anyway with Lotus white leather, 18" parallels and black trim amongst other things. Only 150 530i Aegeans made and 150 diesels which had grey leather rather than the nicer Lotus white in the petrol.

Edited by E39mad

You say that it has a fully stamped service book, but that you have done all the work yourself. Have you just stamped the book when you've worked on it? It's hard to see the details in the book from the photographs as they are quite small.

Any decent photos of the front end ref the stone chips?

When it required a service (the interval indicator that comes up on the dash) this has always been done by a very good indi garage during my ownership.

If anything went wrong or I thought needed replacing within my ability I would always buy OEM or good replacement parts. Things outside my ability were always done by the garage, such as when they replaced the rusty brake lines under the car. 

I will add a front end picture tomorrow morning.

IMG_1007.thumb.JPG.f15ae12b1132afdeea9e026079defa8d.JPG

On 14/02/2020 at 09:39, McPikie said:

You say that it has a fully stamped service book, but that you have done all the work yourself. Have you just stamped the book when you've worked on it? It's hard to see the details in the book from the photographs as they are quite small.

Any decent photos of the front end ref the stone chips?

front end pictures added, with close up of the small stone chips