Spreadly

Diesel vs Vegetable Oil

Fill up with this stuff cheaply if you like - but do so with a modern BMW and you can look forward to the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree, and going into limp home mode.  FOREVER....

Fill up with this stuff cheaply if you like - but do so with a modern BMW and you can look forward to the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree, and going into limp home mode.  FOREVER....

Yeah, I wouldn't try this one any modern car I cared about.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

He does say make sure you're vehicle is suitable ;)

Yes, but to be fair, who would you ask?  I doubt that any car manufacturer would tell you this was ok!

I think if you start lobbing it in a modern diesel you deserve all you get.

AIUI with modern high pressure systems its a no no but older sloggers its ok.

Whats more interesting as i thought one had to treat/ process it to use rather than just filter it?

that's their 450k mile pre PD 89 bhp tdi, it runs the old ecu controlled VP37 bosch distributor style pump, they'll run on almost anything, even used engine oil.

Edited by welshpug

that's their 450k mile pre PD 89 bhp tdi, it runs the old ecu controlled VP37 bosch distributor style pump, they'll run on almost anything, even used engine oil.
Then we have to consider, are newer models making progress, or are we going backwards?

Not an apocryphal ‘a friend’s neighbour’s niece did this’ story, I occasionally chucked used cooking oil into my old Mitsi Pajero 2.8 with no ill effects, apart from a mild ‘frying tonight’ aroma :D

But when you look at the cost of veg oil v diesel unless you own a chain of fish and chip shops getting your hands on enough used oil to make it viable is virtually impossible!

Not an apocryphal ‘a friend’s neighbour’s niece did this’ story, I occasionally chucked used cooking oil into my old Mitsi Pajero 2.8 with no ill effects, apart from a mild ‘frying tonight’ aroma 

But when you look at the cost of veg oil v diesel unless you own a chain of fish and chip shops getting your hands on enough used oil to make it viable is virtually impossible!
Should've used Crisp n dry.