marko530d

High mileage 525d 3.0d advice

8 minutes ago, marko530d said:

Thanks for that took 10 mins to install looks much better then the chrome. 

Took her 4 a wash and started raining on way back.

But found out it has power boot button on inside of boot ( not sure if that's standard but great option ) power open and close on the radio near mode button there is a button with 2 cars and what looks like a wifi sign nothing happens when press any ideas any1 :huh:

Traffic reports. 

13 minutes ago, marko530d said:

Thanks for that took 10 mins to install looks much better then the chrome. 

Get your first F10 how to do post up? 

14 minutes ago, marko530d said:

But found out it has power boot button on inside of boot ( not sure if that's standard but great option ) power open and close 

Yes it was in the list of options you posted. ;) Not that common on the saloons I don't think. 

11 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Yes it was in the list of options you posted. ;) Not that common on the saloons I don't think

Would that give me the wave you foot under boot option to open @535i Andrew:D

Edited by marko530d

I'm not 100% sure as the wave the foot might be part of the comfort access package which I can't recall if that was on your options list.

Wife's Kuga has comfort access (keyless entry) and a power tailgate. Kick your foot between the tail pipes and it powers open and will power shut too with a kick.

7 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I'm not 100% sure as the wave the foot might be part of the comfort access package which I can't recall if that was on your options list.

Wife's Kuga has comfort access (keyless entry) and a power tailgate. Kick your foot between the tail pipes and it powers open and will power shut too with a kick.

I dont think mine is keyless entry just keyless start my friend ( happy with power boot anyway ) 8)

Will check out you link see if I can get some pictures up. 

1 minute ago, marko530d said:

I dont think mine is keyless entry just keyless start my friend ( happy with power boot anyway ) 8)

Good, cos it's a known weak point with comfort access handles causing all sorts of electrical faults as they fail due to water ingress. We had similar issues on the wife's Kuga.

2 minutes ago, marko530d said:

Will check out you link see if I can get some pictures up. 

Hey if I can manage it, anyone can. :D

20200218-154235.jpg

Today changed grills 

IMG-20200213-WA0013.jpg

Chain replacement 

IMG-20200214-WA0001.jpg

Pre delivery inspection 

IMG-20200217-WA0017.jpg

When I collected yesterday 

IMG-20200215-104712-133.jpg

Not a bad looking car. 

Will get some decent ones weekend 

Edited by marko530d

20 hours ago, marko530d said:

They feel ok less harsh then they do on a4 as there a bit crashy on that that it is a sline tho.

It was 99% motorway in the 5er yesterday. 

I drive a Peugeot expert 1.6 as a daily for work.:blink:

I hear you re the S Line thing. Difficult to compare tyres between different cars I guess. From what I've read about S Line suspension it's rather single minded and not really very compliant.

The new car will be quite a change from the Peugeot. I just drive my 530d 30 miles or so to work and back every day :lol: :-D B) I'm fairly putting the miles on it but enjoy every minute spent driving it.

You'll appreciate yours all the more feeling the contrast with the Pug.

2 hours ago, marko530d said:

20200219-110751.jpg

Better picture for you guys this morning just wanted to take it to work ...:rolleyes:

Looks like an F10. 

Grill looks good actually. Not sure it would work on my dark silver. 

On the train now to pick the old girl up see how she fares the 200mile trip back home to Newcastle.

Will report back tonight. :rolleyes:

I read this and actually thought you were taking about your wife. Just clocked you mean the car.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think you got a great car for small money.

Higher mileage is no problem if well cared for. People tend to look for low mileage cars, thinking they will be in better condition, but that depends on so many things. Recently, I went to see a 535d GT with just 48,000 miles and FSH. I was expecting an immaculate car, but it had been driven around London for most of it's life and evidently abused and neglected far more more than my current 115,000 miler.

CAPS valuations and so on are commonly used to determine resale value, but they don't take actual condition use into account.

The wife's 65 plate 320d with masses of extras in superb condition and full dealer service history came for a steal, because it had 130k miles on the clock.  It's a fab car, for a fraction of what you would expect to pay.

3 minutes ago, Greenfingers said:

I think you got a great car for small money.

Higher mileage is no problem if well cared for. People tend to look for low mileage cars, thinking they will be in better condition, but that depends on so many things. Recently, I went to see a 535d GT with just 48,000 miles and FSH. I was expecting an immaculate car, but it had been driven around London for most of it's life and evidently abused and neglected far more more than my current 115,000 miler.

CAPS valuations and so on are commonly used to determine resale value, but they don't take actual condition use into account.

The wife's 65 plate 320d with masses of extras in superb condition and full dealer service history came for a steal, because it had 130k miles on the clock.  It's a fab car, for a fraction of what you would expect to pay.

I am over the moon with the car for the money it's been looked after very well indeed with plenty of options.

On 18/02/2020 at 12:57, marko530d said:

How much was your remapp and what's your power now thanks.

I had Celtic Tuning come out to the car and do it for me on my drive, think it was around £250-300 from memory. They can do it via the ODB port now instead of having to remove the Ecu etc.

Because they are already detuned you get a nice increase from 201bhp to 254bhp stage 1, stage 2 is 335bhp - not had it confirmed on the rolling road, but it's a impressive increase over standard regardless.

I've used Celtic for my previous Honda Civic 2.2 and other family cars and always been confident on the work carried out. 

No doubt they are places local to you or even members on here who can offer more info / provide the service.

3 minutes ago, Skynet5 said:

Is it bad for the engine? 

Well being pedantic no, at least not unless you push it harder and use the extra power a lot. ;)

Less pedantically I don’t know anyone at all who has damaged an engine after remapping it. I’ve remapped several diesel cars without any issues. Realistically in this country you can’t drive even a lowish power car to its limits for much of the time and if you remap a 520d to around 240bhp or so you’ll only be able to use the power in short busts and you’d need to have an inherent weakness to get bitten (which would have bitten you anyway).

14 minutes ago, Skynet5 said:

Is it bad for insurance? 

Very very variable and for some companies it’s a no no. Often anything over about 15% or so rings alarm bells. Ask yours first. In the past I think I’ve paid in the region of £20-30 extra (Direct Line and LV) on my approx £275 premium but a lot will depend on your history and who you’re with.

FWIW Direct Line don’t seem to quote at all for remaps but when I was insured with them already they just bumped my bill a bit as above. LV were pretty laid back about it.

Used to be quite common on E39s tweaking a 2.5 litre 523i to give the power of a 2.5i 525i by fitting a different inlet manifold. 

Should be fairly simple to get a N57 525d up to the power of a N57 530d as it’s essentially the same engine. 

I’ve never been into tweaking power output as I see it as a world of pain when it comes to insurance and in the case of E60s, the flaky 6HP transmissions! Put more power/torque thru a gearbox that’s not been intended for it, won’t end well. Or rather end in a big bill! 

10 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Used to be quite common on E39s tweaking a 2.5 litre 523i to give the power of a 2.5i 525i by fitting a different inlet manifold. 

Should be fairly simple to get a N57 525d up to the power of a N57 530d as it’s essentially the same engine. 

I’ve never been into tweaking power output as I see it as a world of pain when it comes to insurance and in the case of E60s, the flaky 6HP transmissions! Put more power/torque thru a gearbox that’s not been intended for it, won’t end well. Or rather end in a big bill! 

I was surprised how quick my 204bhp model is especially in sport + gets down the road.

On 14/02/2020 at 08:39, 535i Andrew said:

You will love the adaptive lights with high beam assist.  That really does it for me on mine, you will look for the dark roads home at night just to use it

Yeah went out to test it tonight great option. :D

Edited by marko530d