gibbo1998

B10 3.3 buying

Hi all - So I'm going to see this B10 3.3, number 011. I've had BMWs and a e39 525i Sport, but I don't know much about the Alpinas.  

Does anyone have any thoughts or tips on the car?  Forget about the price as cars are more expensive in Spain where I live.

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/alpina-b10-b10-3-3-cambio-manual-gasoline-silver-32100882-8f2b-8839-e053-e350040ad90d?cldtidx=7

Obviously I'll need alloy wheel centre caps!  I've seen photos of the first few pages of the service history.  It had 4 main dealer services in around 2 years when doing 30k a year.  It's supposedly had a lack of use more recently.  

Edited by gibbo1998
Additional question

Look for all the usual E39 issues, but the Alpina Register forum pages will be best for anything specific about the 3.3 engine.

Hi,

Bodywork looks to be in below average condition, can see the dents, scrapes and panel gaps quite clearly in these pics. If the mechanicals all seem to be good/well looked after, and if you have the budget either soon or over time to resolve the bodywork I'd say consider it. Updated front/rear lights would freshen it up significantly and some choice upgrades for the old media setup would do the same for the interior. 

As per above, the Alpina Registry will give good pointers as to what to look for etc!

Cheers, Dennis!