avtovaz

e61 bought it now, so what about the chain?

44 minutes ago, avtovaz said:

thanks, i may buy one of the little kits they are only cheep, have you had yours chipped?

Enda does the ecu remaps for £150, gives 190 bhp, not sure of the torque, but aparently its really good.. He did my M44b19 and it made a lot of difference.

Other than the flaps out, mine is all stock.

Keliuss

right ok thanks

i noticed some exhaust fumes from around no1-2 cylinders today, when i started it up, is that a gasket leek or egr? Im not so familure with this motor yet thanks

The original crankcase breather pipe is made of chocolate at either end. Hopefully what you are seeing is a bit of blow-by from that. A new pipe is cheap and takes about 1 minute to replace. See this guys video:

Keliuss

lol i watched that vid just after posting this and wondered if it was the problem!!! thanks!

i cant wait to get the car ont eh road, the e39 is good but heavy... this feels so light compared

i bought a e61 520D, its a 08 car, damaged on the front, bought from hills salvage. Now my plan was to get the logbook in my name and contact the last owner and find out if its had a chain or not. BUT it seems new logbooks dont give past owners details.

So the big question is, has it had a chain or not?! Its done 169,000 miles , sounds right enough, cant hear any issues. When i spoke to quary motors about teh car the guy said at 169,000 miles its more than likely been done as it would have blown up by now. Car is not far off repaired, ill be paiting the bumper tomorrow and then its just the bonnet to do, and put back together.

I want this car to last for a long time, is there any way i can tell if the chain has been done? It looks like the car has been looked after by 2 of its previous owners , and the last one has not looked after it so well.

thanks

Have you checked with BMW to see if there is an outstanding recall for the guides/chain.

From experience It is worth asking.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

i have asked if there is any recalls on the car and there is something about the front subframe, but not sure exactly what it is.

it may have had it done then? need to goto the dealer and see. thanks