Captain Beaky

E39 530D touring spares or Repair NOW SOLD

52 plate 530D touring for Spares or Repair     

SOLD

2 months MOT remaining but the off side rear jacking point has failed, I don't have the time to repair and will not payout to get it done either.

2 owners high motorway mileage now on 298000 just been to France with this car, also been all over the uk and its never let me down.

There are a few other issues, the main one being low boost as it has a leak, i've checked the turbo and its fine, but when i done a leak test there was pressure loss i'm not going to waste time looking for it.

A few bumps and scrapes, a few blisters here and there

Good leather interior, 

Drive Away 

£500

IMG_0159.thumb.JPG.249adf67cf3913b1457995a26c15e790.JPG

IMG_0160.thumb.JPG.325997d6970af03e303f934403699390.JPG

456546299_530dT1.thumb.jpg.6f36e1a05b3d51d5add657d6dc18d1a8.jpg

1924612586_Jan18i6Dump770.thumb.JPG.6ab6c7040e69b8500acf67c2ed908c6f.JPG

1784534595_Jan18i6Dump769.thumb.JPG.0b70476a4f81fe65f62b02a48525a5dc.JPG

IMG_0014.thumb.JPG.bd52f3f253307a7e6478840fab6f4509.JPG

IMG_0032.thumb.JPG.e9df282b9a180cb830a9ca17f0acc1d1.JPG

Edited by Captain Beaky

If you're on FB pal; see if 'Simon Garland' wants it; he buys and breaks E39s for a living :) 

NOW BREAKING

Manual gearbox                                £150

Engine                                                 £100

Turbo & Manifold                              £120

Intercooler                                         £30

Inlet Manifold                                    £50

Alloy Wheels                                      £80

EGR Valve                                           £25

Angel eye headlights                        £120

Cat                                                       £50

F/Brakes discs & calipers                £30

R/Brakes discs & calipers                £30

Alternator                                           £25

MAF + Air box                                    £25

Starter                                                 £20

PAS pump                                           £15

Tail lights x 2                                      £30

Rear load cover                                  £50

Black leather seats comfort            £80

Door cards                                          £40

Rear Bumper                                      £25

Front Bumper                                     £25

Multifunction steering wheel           £20

Front wings                                         £15 each 

Instrument Cluster good pixels       £30

Electric mirrors                                  £20 each

Fan                                                       £20

Radiator                                               £25

Expansion tank                                  £10                 

Fuel cooler                                       £10

If there was ever any doubt about the car then yesterday will help you but just makes me even more sad about seeing it go

We left yesterday morning at 8am travelled to Leicester, to see a Volvo which was shocking what an arse hole, then on to coventry, Lechard and finally  home with an XC90 in tow to Llanelli via Swindon!  Close to 500 miles, not a blip,  not a fart or hiccup all the way, this car is truly at home on the motorway it was effortless cruising, seamless driving and frugal to boot even though i have a suspect leak on the intercooler.

See the picture         

So a slight change of plan i will be breaking in March if i can't sell and that will be a sad day.

20200206_205435.thumb.jpg.dafbf40669cfd80fe3b6d154cf4eeffd.jpg

Edited by Captain Beaky

2 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

You have to get it to 300k!

im going to do my best

I broke a 540i Touring last year - what a painful process that was. Not pulling the car to bits, dealing with the public. What I didn't end up almost giving away was binned. But your prices are very cheap so........

Check the value of the catalytic converter as well. Some old BMW cats (e.g E46 318i) are worth a LOT more than 50 quid. 

58 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

I broke a 540i Touring last year - what a painful process that was. Not pulling the car to bits, dealing with the public. What I didn't end up almost giving away was binned. But your prices are very cheap so........

Check the value of the catalytic converter as well. Some old BMW cats (e.g E46 318i) are worth a LOT more than 50 quid. 

I was hoping someone would buy it and keep it going despite the high miles is so reliable.

^ Sad to say its going to need to be cheap though as its high miles and isn't going to get another ticket without a fair bit of effort.

On 03/02/2020 at 18:39, Vee said:

Hi, are you able to confirm motorway use from past history please?

I can only tell you what i know when i bought the car with 270k on the clock. It's almost as important to have confidence in the owner your buying from than the condition of the car, Geoff the previous owner was completely open, honest and loved his car that is why i took a chance and bought it and its paid me back ten fold.

I've been all over the country on holidays, Scotland twice, North Wales several times, Southend, London several times along the south coast and last summer Normandy its never ever failed me, just completed another 500 miles in one day.

Geoff, director of his own company, which was telemetry off motors sold his software and equipment all over the uk, this touring was his company car from new and when it came to replace it he didn't, and kept using it because he thought it was fantastic.  After 12 years he replaced it for a Merc and gave the 530 to his wife. He then changed the Merc for a BMW after 2 years because he didn't like the Merc, but gave it to his wife and i bought the 530D

I have a hat full of receipts from Geoff,  the car was looked after meticulously with him, since then i've changed all the discs and wheel bearings front and back,  front springs, removed the egr, changed the inlet manifold and serviced it every year regardless of the milage, sometimes twice a year. 

13 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

^ Sad to say its going to need to be cheap though as its high miles and isn't going to get another ticket without a fair bit of effort.

would you say 500 is too much?

Not to someone who can weld I wouldn't say but without wishing to be Eeyore its an old diesel estate with high miles so you've got to specifically want one to take it on I'd imagine :(

good point, probably better to break it then :(

once i get 500 i'll get the rest of it picked up.

I thought the manual would have been sought after as they are mostly auto

It's worth 500 quid, but finding a buyer could be an issue. Amongst the hordes of Romanians trying to buy it for 100 quid after firing oil into the header tank/exhaust and the general dreamers who want its entire life story you should find a genuine buyer who knows the value of stuff. 

1 hour ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

It's worth 500 quid, but finding a buyer could be an issue. Amongst the hordes of Romanians trying to buy it for 100 quid after firing oil into the header tank/exhaust and the general dreamers who want its entire life story you should find a genuine buyer who knows the value of stuff. 

Feckless Bastardos

Thats what happened to my 530d m sport, a lorry clipped the side just a light bruise down the rear wing and door but the wife wanted a touring for the holiday let changeovers so sold it spares or repairs again 500 quid 

Then 4 of these feckless gypsies turned up (eastern european) and while they were all jabbering on and looking at the car the dirty little fat toerag around the front said there was oil in the header, i was gobsmacked!! i would have put money on it being okay i know my car, i knew there was no oil in the water.

Anyhow they drove the car and then said there was something wrong with it and being 4 of them they were getting really aggressive wanting fuel money and stuff  so i put the dog on them and grabbed my pcp rifle from the shed while my polish neighbour who had heard the commotion came over with a big bat shouted some gangster shit at them in polish and they all scarpered in they clapped out corsa. What load of shit over a car i swear if they don't talk english i just put the phone down now and there's been a few recently.

So I ended up selling it cheap because i thought it was wanked to a bell end in port talbot who drove it with no tax after giving me false ownership details which resulted in the dvla trying to fine me and the rozzers dimming my doorway 

I'm wondering now if its worth the potential hassle

Well if you can be arsed and have space to store then there's an easy £500 in bits.

Lights look good, some panels perhaps, engine, box, seats, bumpers etc.

Remove the easy stuff and weigh in the rest?

I think you are right Dunc, i had forgotten about the nonsense and bother i had last time, I still can't believe Sir P hit the nail truly on the head, i know now that there was nothing wrong with the msport i was mugged off. 

@Captain Beaky

thanks for getting back to me, site’s back up now. 
Look forward to picking this up soon! 

cheers

On 02/02/2020 at 12:26, d_a_n1979 said:

If you're on FB pal; see if 'Simon Garland' wants it; he buys and breaks E39s for a living :) 

Dan, you coming to the open day Saturday?