Wanted. e28 preferably a manual six cylinder model with solid bodywork or an easy project. Ideally looking for a 528i. Any info on one for sale please PM me.

All the best and many thanks

Rich

I'll give Steve at Classicbahnstormers a bell. I'd be interested if he still has the lhd 528i.

The one on car and classic is a bit out of budget for me. Looks a lovely car though.

Hi Rich,

With shadowline trim, colour coded bumpers and mirrors and a black leather interior "dog cock red" can look quite sharp.

With the small number of good E28's around you may need to consider the quality and provenance of the vehicle before colour or you may have a long wait for the perfect car.

The alternative is to make what you want out of what you can get.  Depends how "hands-on" you want to be and your budget.

Just a thought.

Good luck with your search.

Regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

Hi Rich,

Back in 1983 the 528i was the top of the range as the 535i, M535i and M5 did not arrive on the scene until late in 1984 onwards.

For an early pre face lift model it has the headlight wash wipe system (missing the arms), the thickness of the sunroof seal looks like it could be a glass moonroof or just a trick of the light / poor photograph.  Manual rear headrests, black leather interior, front fog lights, rear fog lights most likely, Alpina open lug alloys,  bronze heat dim windscreen with blue top band, bronze heat dim glass for the doors and rear screen as well most likely, ABS, rear windscreen manual sun blind, mud flaps front and rear, factory BMW alarm system, looks like it may have been very highly optioned back in the day.

What are the odds on it also having electric front and rear windows, electric sunroof, headlight aim adjust, cruise control, air conditioning, on board computer, large tool kit with boot lid liner, boot mounted first aid kit?

You could possibly win the full house on "optional extras from the factory" Bingo :cool:

Was this a motor show prepared car by chance :ph34r:

There is what looks like a Guards Division sticker in the front windscreen.  Could this be a fully optioned tax free import from the factory, acquired six months before a european based British soldier returned to the UK.

My 1985 Zobelbraun Eta was motor show prepped and ticked nearly all of the optional extra boxes back in 1985.

This is quite an intriguing car and I for one would welcome any information that you find out about this one, could turn out to be a very rare jem indeed.

Good luck with the hunt.

Best regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

On 05/02/2020 at 19:55, Ordnator said:

Hi Rich,

Back in 1983 the 528i was the top of the range as the 535i, M535i and M5 did not arrive on the scene until late in 1984 onwards.

For an early pre face lift model it has the headlight wash wipe system (missing the arms), the thickness of the sunroof seal looks like it could be a glass moonroof or just a trick of the light / poor photograph.  Manual rear headrests, black leather interior, front fog lights, rear fog lights most likely, Alpina open lug alloys,  bronze heat dim windscreen with blue top band, bronze heat dim glass for the doors and rear screen as well most likely, ABS, rear windscreen manual sun blind, mud flaps front and rear, factory BMW alarm system, looks like it may have been very highly optioned back in the day.

What are the odds on it also having electric front and rear windows, electric sunroof, headlight aim adjust, cruise control, air conditioning, on board computer, large tool kit with boot lid liner, boot mounted first aid kit?

You could possibly win the full house on "optional extras from the factory" Bingo :cool:

Was this a motor show prepared car by chance :ph34r:

There is what looks like a Guards Division sticker in the front windscreen.  Could this be a fully optioned tax free import from the factory, acquired six months before a european based British soldier returned to the UK.

My 1985 Zobelbraun Eta was motor show prepped and ticked nearly all of the optional extra boxes back in 1985.

This is quite an intriguing car and I for one would welcome any information that you find out about this one, could turn out to be a very rare jem indeed.

Good luck with the hunt.

Best regards,

Mick

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1199539

Just viewed the "Duke of London" updated photographs which now include some interior shots and this car also has the following options:

Electric windows front and rear, air conditioning, fog lights front and rear, M-Tec 1 steering wheel (coarse spline), front door mounted tweeters by the side mirrors, higher end speakers in the front foot wells (may well be some form of premium sound system), front comfort seats armrests, Front seat base height adjustment (front and rear) for both driver and passenger seats, on board computer 1 and the ultra retro rear window sticker "The Ultimate Driving Machine".

Best regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

It looks very nice but:

Cracked dash

Why not put the rear seat in properly

straighten the exhaust

straighten the mudflaps

put screws in the lower dash panel under the steering wheel

fit an "i" badge

has something festering on the rear N/S valance

seems to have a bent rear bumper and dented rear valance too

I never get why if you are asking top dollar you do'nt fix the simple things

I ended up going to a classic car auction last Saturday and got myself a very good Mercedes W126 300SE for £2900 + buyers fees. All paint and chrome trim issues were taken care of in 2017 at a cost of £3000 and it has 30 service stamps in the book. Very happy with it.

Unfortunately I got a bit fed up of looking at e28's at over inflated prices with badly welded repairs or claiming to be mint and still needing a lot of work.

Thanks for all your help gentleman. I appreciate it.

20200210_090204.jpg

Hey Rich,

Nice plan B.

Happy to see you found a classic that met your requirements.

The W126 is also from the era when German cars were built to a standard rather than a budget.

Do you have any more pictures that you can share?

Best regards,

Mick