NuckingFuts

Alternators

Has anyone fitted the 150A 540i alternator to their S62/M5 (120A) at all? 

I have a pre-facelift 540i M62B44 that is coming out of its touring shell and a 99 V-reg S62 engine going in its place but I’d like to keep the 150A alternator, but with the differing brackets and confusion with water / air cooled varieties, has anyone successfully retrofitted the larger alternator or uprated (https://www.powerlite-units.com/power/ps-09.html)the existing one? 

Given the added electronics in the touring and my potential need to have a medical pump with me at all times (as discussed in a post in the E39 technical channel - sine wave invertor permanent install) has anyone managed to do this to their M5 with/without the touring transplant happening in tandem?

Cheers

NF aka Deepan

Edited by NuckingFuts
Added link to uprated alternator company

Going to be following this one, if it gets any responses!

I recently replaced the regulator on my alternator as it was starting to fail, I was quite suprised to see it was "only" 120A given the amount of kit usually found inside these cars.

I did take a brief look at different higher current alternators, but didnt spend too much time as it wasnt crucial for me. From what I found, it looked like it was best to get the current alternator reworked for a higher output.