Ash84

idrive E39 M5!

I went to my local BMW garage today in Tunbridge Wells to get a few parts.  

A stunning private plate black e39 M5 was parked up waiting for collection as i walked through. The parts guy and I were talking about it, and it has just had the latests idrive unit installed with the control wheel housed just in front of the armrest sliding compartment and a new screen as well by the looks of it! 
Wow! Must of cost a pretty penny but the car looked immaculate and what an upgrade! 

Hi,

I think it's an example a member here had and did the project for the NBT retrofit. He sold the car sometime later I believe but not 100% on that. It could well be another car entirely though ! 

It's a pricey project for sure ! 

Cheers, Dennis!

I think it’s a new one as the parts guy said they had just completed the fit out. Either way it was a lovely m5. Put my tatty 530 to shame! 

On 21/01/2020 at 19:39, Ash84 said:

I went to my local BMW garage today in Tunbridge Wells to get a few parts.  

A stunning private plate black e39 M5 was parked up waiting for collection as i walked through. The parts guy and I were talking about it, and it has just had the latests idrive unit installed with the control wheel housed just in front of the armrest sliding compartment and a new screen as well by the looks of it! 
 Wow! Must of cost a pretty penny but the car looked immaculate and what an upgrade! 

Snap!

I don't come on here very often, but this very much sounds like my car which was being seen to on that day by BMW Tunbridge Wells.

However, my idrive was installed by the previous owner (a forum member), so sounds like it's ANOTHER car. What are the chances!

In the 2+ years I've owned mine I think I've only seen one other E39 M5 in my local area.  

On 03/03/2021 at 01:53, Tuvoc said:

Not sure I would call an iDrive an "upgrade"...  depends exactly which one I guess.

Obviously I'm biased, but it makes the car feel a lot more up to date; updated maps, widescreen, bluetooth (with music too, I think) and a reversing camera. It's now specced similar to my F31 daily!