tallman85

Is my car remapped?

2 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

I think you've answered your own question.

Over xmas my e39 530d achieved 47mpg on some long runs but the overall average is 40 (town work as well as longer motorway trips) if however i reset and just drive locally its in the 20s

I was a bit mislead by the BMW 530d brochure as it stated that in the city it would do around 32mpg and a combined of around 42mpg.  So I was thinking of achieving around the 38mpg.  I think it would have been more sensible to go for a 520d, however, the 6-cylinder is a nice engine to have. 

On 16/01/2020 at 12:03, tallman85 said:

I was a bit mislead by the BMW 530d brochure as it stated that in the city it would do around 32mpg and a combined of around 42mpg.  So I was thinking of achieving around the 38mpg.  I think it would have been more sensible to go for a 520d, however, the 6-cylinder is a nice engine to have. 

If it makes you feel any better I reset my mpg today in my 520d and had a very Malta-like day, from suburbs into the city centre, back out again with a bit more and my reading was 27mpg over about 32km.

Keliuss

1 hour ago, Keliuss said:

If it makes you feel any better I reset my mpg today in my 520d and had a very Malta-like day, from suburbs into the city centre, back out again with a bit more and my reading was 27mpg over about 32km.

Keliuss

hi @Keliuss

thx for confirming.... i got 29mpg over 150km this week.  I think i will be working in the range of 29 - 30mpg if driven like a 500cc engine and only using like 100ps of the 235ps :) 

but thx for confirming mate...made me feel good buying a 3L :) 

I think it will get bad in summer with ac on.

Edited by tallman85