Sign in to follow this  
Liam2594

530d judder.

Has anyone with a 530d ever had any rough idle, steady throttle juddering issues? Picked my car up almost a month ago now, on the journey home noticed albeit minor a slight cough from the engine when going through a 60 mph average speed check. Have monitored and driving around town never felt it. Went on a longer run the other day and noticed it again, then yesterday when starting up it was idling slightly rough. 

Anyone had issues similar? It’ll need a trip to the dealer of course however, I expect the standard no fault found because it’s intermittent. 

I have had the same issue. Seems to happen on constant throttle at about 50-60 mph. My 530d has 45k miles on now and I have only noticed it about a dozen times in all. The most recent was on my way home last night through roadworks. I am going to book in for MOT first week in March so will mention it then. My warranty expires 30th March, so would like to get it sorted or at least reported by then.

9 hours ago, Hurly_Dog said:

I have had the same issue. Seems to happen on constant throttle at about 50-60 mph. My 530d has 45k miles on now and I have only noticed it about a dozen times in all. The most recent was on my way home last night through roadworks. I am going to book in for MOT first week in March so will mention it then. My warranty expires 30th March, so would like to get it sorted or at least reported by then.

Speed wise that’s exactly where it happens, around 1500 rpm. 

Little update on this for anyone interested or having the same issue. 

Car has been running generally rough for a week or so, today however can only be described as a misfire and plenty of warning messages. However, turning on and off clears the issue. Hopefully something has left a code which it certainly should have. 

Currently awaiting roadside assistance at home. Albeit oddly, the car is now running, slightly rough but feels as it has for the past week with no apparent misfire. 

B472230F-37E0-46A1-B7DC-19498544642B.jpeg

Edited by Liam2594

1 hour ago, Carrera77 said:

how many miles has it done?

About 1,500 :lol:. Diagnosis from the recovery man was either an injector or the DDE (ECU). So it’s currently at BMW and I’m getting a Qashqai :blink:.

30 minutes ago, Liam2594 said:

About 1,500 :lol:. Diagnosis from the recovery man was either an injector or the DDE (ECU). So it’s currently at BMW and I’m getting a Qashqai :blink:.

Hope the Qashqai doesnt come with a CVT,  those sound horrible

1 hour ago, Liam2594 said:

The first time my car went in I had a 840 convertible, when it had to go in again (same issues with ID7) I got a Mini !

In fairness this is a car sorted from enterprise for 2 days, I didn’t buy from the dealer that it’s gone too. Wouldn’t expect them to give me anything half decent considering I didn’t buy from them. That being said I’d prefer a BMW product but the Qashqai works and hopefully it’s only for a couple of days. 

BMW Assist sources their replacement cars from Enterprise , so initially you are quite likely to get a non-BMW, though you should get a matching car in a day or two. That should be from Enterprise because they will be contracted to supply the replacement car

Breakdowns are a great way to see the world, as my former boss told me a long time ago (that was in quite a different context )

New EGR valve fitted, however there’s also a fault with an ECU which needs replacing and is on back order. ETA is completely unknown. 

On 03/03/2020 at 20:18, Liam2594 said:

In fairness this is a car sorted from enterprise for 2 days, I didn’t buy from the dealer that it’s gone too. Wouldn’t expect them to give me anything half decent considering I didn’t buy from them. That being said I’d prefer a BMW product but the Qashqai works and hopefully it’s only for a couple of days. 

I didn’t buy my car from my local dealer, but when it went in for recall I put it in there for convenience, they gave me a brand new 320 for the day and a half it was in there. 
Must admit wasn’t expecting that either

I’ve been swapped out of the Qashqai now anyway and put into a 3 Series. They’ve extended it for 7 days but they have no idea how long it’s going to take so we’ll see. 

Just a follow up on this. Car had a new DDE and was delivered back a week or so before everything was shut up. Still had the minor stutter/rough running, have just left it and thought if a fault is there it’ll present itself eventually. Fast forward 800 miles or so and the same lights as previously showing all came back on Wednesday this week. Went back to BMW and had a loose connection somewhere, they road tested over night, all ok. Picked it up today, drove two miles down the dual carriageway and bang lights on again. Don’t you just love cars. 

In fairness to the dealer, they’ve been perfectly fine and an intermittent fault can be an absolute pig to find. To say the car is beginning to get on my boobs now though is an understatement. 

Edited by Liam2594