mudd786

2015 F10 PPS uncoding after accident

On 13/01/2020 at 19:51, Wozza345 said:

Coding.....

(On the target selection screen there were two options for F10, not including DIRECT:)

20200113_175512.thumb.jpg.597116192e2c101cdc41598290220f45.jpg

The reason for this is that you have 2 sets of files installed (originals & updates). The one you have highlighted is 19_03_530, but 2 entries below it you have the newer 19_11_520. To resolve this...

• Navigate to c:\data\psdzdata\mainseries\f010 where you will see 2 folders - one F010_19_03_530_V_04_000_000 and the other  F010_19_11_520_V_04_000.
  • Delete the oldest one, namely F010_19_03_530_V_04_000_000
  • You can do the same to the folders under F001, F020 folders (and all the others you have) to clean them up a bit if you want.
  • Your version of the PSDZdata files can be read under c:\data\version.txt - the latest are extracted from ISTA version 4.21.12 (Dec 2019)

I hope this helps.

I managed to read the faults :

pedestrians fault front resistance to high for both of the latches . 

now it makes sense as the mechanic said he changed the hinges which I bought and the optic sensor he thought that's all that was needed at the time. Now I recall him saying need 22k resistors for each latch to resolve and that he didn't have them.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

I have these at work and could implement them 

Thank you

40 minutes ago, BFleming said:

The reason for this is that you have 2 sets of files installed (originals & updates). The one you have highlighted is 19_03_530, but 2 entries below it you have the newer 19_11_520. To resolve this...

• Navigate to c:\data\psdzdata\mainseries\f010 where you will see 2 folders - one F010_19_03_530_V_04_000_000 and the other  F010_19_11_520_V_04_000.
  • Delete the oldest one, namely F010_19_03_530_V_04_000_000
  • You can do the same to the folders under F001, F020 folders (and all the others you have) to clean them up a bit if you want.
  • Your version of the PSDZdata files can be read under c:\data\version.txt - the latest are extracted from ISTA version 4.21.12 (Dec 2019)

I hope this helps.

lol I used the 520 assuming it was related to the engine size lol

thanks for the clarification 

I was going to do as you said trim them but in the other folders the numbers are different 

cheers

Just now, mudd786 said:

I was going to do as you said trim them but in the other folders the numbers are different 

They're different, but they all follow the same format, i.e. F0xx_AA_BB_CCC where AA is the main version, BB is the secondary etc. So int eh example above, 19_03 was replaced by 19_11. Doesn't really matter what the numbers are in the other folders, just delete the lesser number in every case to leave the newest revision in there.

22kOhms seems like a lot, did he mean 2.2Ohms, it might see it as open circuit if the resistance is too high. So to clarify you have the hinges plugged in and the optical + bonnet latches unplugged? 

Hi I think your correct wozza reading a little online 2.2 was mentioned for fooling SRS on a E39 seat belt tensioner, 

yes rear hinges plugged in

optical sensor plugged in

front latches plugged in

fault is on the latches 

was going to measure resistance on the rears to get an idea 

cheers mate !

3 minutes ago, Wozza345 said:

I just measured mine and it is 2.2 Ohm,Also thanks BFleming

Your a star,  I was thinking like you 22k was too high.

will see if i have these at work. I am sure we have 2 ohm they should do for this purpose I guess.

Cheers mate

ok Managed to get hold of the resistors and did the operation just now successfully...

unplugged  both bonnet latch plugs, yellow in colour,  inserted 2.2 ohm resistors into the yellow plugs from car loom and tapped up.

Plugged laptop in turned car on fault still showed on Idrive. read faults it showed the faults but this time in existing fault It said no. 

Deleted faults and hey presto no more pedestrian fault on iDrive after the reboot and no more faults in the ASCM module.

thanks guys for your efforts 

cheers 

Edited by mudd786

Hi,

Today i delete the 8tf from de VO and take out all the plugs (2 rear bonet, 2 front bonet, and 1 of the fiber optic sensor) one thing i notice after unplug them all, is that i have just the following error messages:

fiber optic sensor

rear left sensor

front left sensor 

frond right sensor.

So, it seems that the rear right sensor is still plugged in. But in fact i unplug it like the other ones..

I´ve continued with the coding of the VO , removing the 8TF, and now i have the following erros.

FGS Safting sensor plausibility fault

pedestrian protection system, rear right: coding do not match the equipment 

Any idea about why this is hapening?

Apreciate your help

Edited by ricardo_xtrg32

On 16/04/2020 at 21:27, ricardo_xtrg32 said:

Found the problem.. Midle bumper sensor.. very hidden indeed..

Can you describe where the sensor is, and how did you disconnect it? Cheers

On 1/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, BFleming said:

They're different, but they all follow the same format, i.e. F0xx_AA_BB_CCC where AA is the main version, BB is the secondary etc. So int eh example above, 19_03 was replaced by 19_11. Doesn't really matter what the numbers are in the other folders, just delete the lesser number in every case to leave the newest revision in there.

SOS.... I followed all the instructions, but after dealing with E-sys and coding 8TF out, another "Restrain System Fault" appeared.........

I've tried to clear the faults through Ista+ but it doesn't help.

I even tried Clearing all the DTC through ESYS... 

Any chance someone know why this fault appeared?

On 1/6/2021 at 8:38 AM, Wozza345 said:

That could be any of the seat occupancy sensors, seat belt tension sensors or possible airbag.  Did the seat belts triggerer in you incident ?

I never had any incidents. Someone before had that fault, so i just coded it out and got some more additional faults now. PPS fault disappeared by the way

I did this for a chap with a 2015 Mini recently. He had everything disconnected, and he needed me to remove 8TF from the car's coding, which I did. This triggered the Airbag light, which a "clear errors" press of the button then removed.

When removing 8TF, what did you code afterwards - the whole car, or just the airbag module? If anything associated with pedestrian protection is still attached, you will get errors.

What specific fault are you getting @sharkis?

Edited by BFleming

On 1/8/2021 at 10:45 AM, BFleming said:

I did this for a chap with a 2015 Mini recently. He had everything disconnected, and he needed me to remove 8TF from the car's coding, which I did. This triggered the Airbag light, which a "clear errors" press of the button then removed.

When removing 8TF, what did you code afterwards - the whole car, or just the airbag module? If anything associated with pedestrian protection is still attached, you will get errors.

What specific fault are you getting @sharkis?

Hello,

So i've disconnected PPS Sensors and coded out PPS by removing 8TF from SALAPA and coding ACMS module. Then I've got Restrain system fault and realised that I didn't disconnected one more PPS sensor in the middle of the bumper. 

I took my bumper off today and disconnected the sensor. Cleared the faults through ISTA, but the fault is still on... 

fault.PNG

Hi,

Can someone give me the insta software download link for my bmw f10 please? 
I’ve read through the threads and trying to delete pps fault code.

Edited by Tee2009

Afternoon all, just wanted to post my gratitude for this post and a special shout out to @Wozza345. Without that in-depth guide, this would probably have taken me 10 times as long with much more frustration and swearing. Been battling this error on and off for about 4 months following the discovery of a cracked connector with water ingress. After trying to fix the issue by cleaning the plug, replacing both corroded plugs a couple of months later and many "code clears" I'm confident I won't be met with the ominous "bong" when I go to work tomorrow. Thanks again :D

IMG_8454.JPG