curryholic

Map update failed - Any help?

Help!!!

I just got a F11 520d and love it, updated the firmware no problems and then went to update the maps so I got the maps and FSC and the car recognised the USB yesterday am. After my 1h20 commute it was still sat at 0% so I cancelled it. Thinking there was an issue I reformatted the stick and copied everything back on. Just on the return leg it now says to put the USB back in and resume - I guess the USB has a different address or something. The software on it is the same. 

Is there anything I can do to restart it or is it fubar’d?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I had the same issue with my CHAMP2 head unit. I basically had to buy 3 different USB2 memory sticks and try until one of them worked. I also have a 1hr20 commute and once I'd cancelled it, I was then able to insert the 'new' USB stick and it worked!! I'll fish out the one that worked for me and post here after I've found it.

James.

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. So I picked up a 64GB USB3 stick, which I formatted as FAT32 which I think was the original issue. The stick was recognised and seemingly managed to copy something. The system now says "Navigation not available. Please connect the USB device with the navigation data again and resume update", which seems to suggest I need to put in the original version.  But I can't get off the screen. Does this make any difference?

If it is just a new USB then that's an easy sort. 

Dave

Nav Error.jpg