Jump to content
Style5

Rear Window Dealer Stickers

Recommended Posts

Was looking at all my E28 related stuff the other night and came across these rear window dealer stickers that I had reproduced the artwork for a while back. At that time, I didn’t have a graphics suite on my computer so unfortunately they were done in in MS Word and don’t print as sharp as they should. Now I have a graphics suite so I need to reproduce them again - so that they are of a better print quality. There’s a lot to do though.  

A lots of old 1970/80s copies of old car magazines were bought to do this - So i could find the dealer logos in the adverts. Some are actual real designs from I have seen personally and some are what I had to design myself but the details are all correct of that period. What do you think ?

A31380BA-A7D2-4339-80FF-77F66AE5967C.thumb.jpeg.6d8466f108df98205569628bdd687dc0.jpeg

7A62334C-B82B-4146-9867-EAF809C13E51.thumb.jpeg.c31b470c44249d040b3e610eb21bafad.jpeg

4C92BFF1-C5A6-459E-80E1-7A9BD56BAA31.thumb.jpeg.4c4f79b1f528a671cd2a312382af2116.jpeg

420E5314-FDF2-41AA-B09B-D6F9C91F35EC.thumb.jpeg.1177b11da47e4e25382eff3a04cd5473.jpeg

39638F6F-8CD1-4B95-8E0A-C517D2CA55C3.thumb.jpeg.29747c548d221767e96aa00908713fa3.jpeg

C894AA56-A982-4947-82BB-DF4FA89CC43E.thumb.jpeg.10486db6b71ae26c814ce48740f5790d.jpeg

9C4B25C9-07E8-4CEF-8C24-0E83C3F5C74A.thumb.jpeg.0ed987f0d7db525bf07d524a95acc6be.jpeg

960DE31B-E64F-4BC9-ABDC-F7A3B5FF7ED0.thumb.jpeg.9bffa4396b93258eaca9cdb65f4b52ac.jpeg

FC5FB75F-A67C-4B7D-841D-D6742832156B.thumb.jpeg.97fb8c852e0eef7c8a5dd793de98d41e.jpeg

806EB190-430F-4F13-8936-61464C680650.thumb.jpeg.cf319a780b1db5d4af69477019bd8d04.jpeg

88AB6F24-C0E0-4C47-98D4-823B9725577F.thumb.jpeg.b5099d06bffe0a51e6be9c7507c6709d.jpeg

54E3A0F5-0BF2-4F93-A3B9-632FE70B3EB8.thumb.jpeg.f67488bf2b8a17d07ff60f6be22ba064.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Style5. Only a year late to the party. These are great. Are you selling them? Freude am Fahren one looks nice.

 

Keliuss

 

 

Edited by Keliuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Keliuss said:

Hi @Style5. Only a year late to the party. These are great. Are you selling them? Freude am Fahren one looks nice.

 

Keliuss

 

Hi, thanks for your comments. I’m not selling them at the moment as I usually ask a local printer to do them professionally with solvent inks. However, you can do them on a home printer and they come out well. If you want to PM me I can send you the design for you to try that perhaps? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to track down which dealer my E28 originally came from so I can get the original stickers on.

 

I suspect it's a dealer in the greater London area based on previous owners, although plate would suggest oxford area..

 

Found a reference on a build spec sheet saying;

 

Selling dealer 16277 Colv&Hench A

 

Any ideas? Google doesn't give much :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ben_pf said:

I've been trying to track down which dealer my E28 originally came from so I can get the original stickers on.

 

I suspect it's a dealer in the greater London area based on previous owners, although plate would suggest oxford area..

 

Found a reference on a build spec sheet saying;

 

Selling dealer 16277 Colv&Hench A

 

Any ideas? Google doesn't give much :(


Colver and Hencher in Bucks ? There’s a picture of their dealer sticker in my pictures in the opening post above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how I missed that, thank you!

 

Seems like it closed up or was renamed, as there doesn’t seem much information on them, but glad I’ve the above to get a sticker printed up and try restore some originality to the car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the interests of keeping things original, does anyone know how I could replace my number plates that have the original dealership on the bottom with new ones and keep the same design???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2021 at 15:50, Lloydy said:

In the interests of keeping things original, does anyone know how I could replace my number plates that have the original dealership on the bottom with new ones and keep the same design???


Ask Dave at DMB Graphics. He can make you up a set of Dealership Plates same as your originals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been in touch with DMB graphics, unfortunately they no longer make the dealer number plates. Anyone else who could possibly help?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lloydy said:

Been in touch with DMB graphics, unfortunately they no longer make the dealer number plates. Anyone else who could possibly help?

 

Oh bugger. He was my go to person for all that type of stuff. I don’t know of anybody else. Frustrating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a guy in Poland selling similar on eBay. Here’s one I just attached - it’s good quality, apart from he’s randomly inserted an extra digit into the phone number!

 

 

5BA5E8A2-DB93-42A4-BFC9-8BEDD7747D90.jpeg

Edited by sutts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sutts said:

There’s a guy in Poland selling similar on eBay. Here’s one I just attached - it’s good quality, apart from he’s randomly inserted an extra digit into the phone number!

 

 

5BA5E8A2-DB93-42A4-BFC9-8BEDD7747D90.jpeg

 

Is that an E28 electric rear sun blind :shock:

 

I have heard tails about those unicorns :cool:

 

Stay safe and best regards,

 

Mick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha yes that it is! Got it working a few years ago after buying the car - the well known specialist who stripped it down was aware of them but had not seen one before so I’m guessing there aren’t many about.

 

 

5CE43A22-897F-4470-8D05-CE8FB5BD4703.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2021 at 14:27, sutts said:

There’s a guy in Poland selling similar on eBay. Here’s one I just attached - it’s good quality, apart from he’s randomly inserted an extra digit into the phone number!

 

 

5BA5E8A2-DB93-42A4-BFC9-8BEDD7747D90.jpeg


Yes I have seen them on eBay too. Suspect he saw mine somewhere and decided to copy some of them to sell - copying is a great form of flattery ;) Yes incorrect digit and symbols missing breaking up the address - it’s all in the details. That’s why I do my research and bought dozens of 70’s and 80’s car magazines to make sure they were right. Fair play I suppose, for the amount they’d sell, I couldn’t be arsed myself. 

Edited by Style5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit I think I used the same guy to make me one up. Good quality from what I can tell and printed on avery vinyl which is good stuff.

 

Tempted to order a whole sticker set for the car, unless there is another source people can recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2021 at 21:46, Style5 said:


Yes I have seen them on eBay too. Suspect he saw mine somewhere and decided to copy some of them to sell - copying is a great form of flattery ;) Yes incorrect digit and symbols missing breaking up the address - it’s all in the details. That’s why I do my research and bought dozens of 70’s and 80’s car magazines to make sure they were right. Fair play I suppose, for the amount they’d sell, I couldn’t be arsed myself. 

No, he copied me 

 

Pukar designs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2021 at 21:49, ben_pf said:

Not sure how I missed that, thank you!

 

Seems like it closed up or was renamed, as there doesn’t seem much information on them, but glad I’ve the above to get a sticker printed up and try restore some originality to the car

 

Colver & Hencher were in Chesham as well as central Aylesbury. They sold up and became Autohaus, moving to Tring around 1993 where they still are today. They became Altwood around 1995 before selling out to Specialist Cars 10-15 years ago. 

 

Michael Hencher must be in his mid 80's now.  

 

The C&H Aylesbury dealership building was here, opposite Tescos and next to Kwikfit - it may be the same building.

 

 

 

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 12.02.24.png

Edited by Sir Anthony Regents-Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×