Jump to content
Phill20d

Out for a Spin

Recommended Posts

Took the TR6 out for a spin as it was really dry with no salt on the roads, started with the top down so I could hear that glorious straight six, but succumbed to the cold on my back, no heated seats in 74

 

46229346-6275-42F4-A94A-D1E8996723B2.thumb.jpeg.d0ef2cc01830d180ee87f98e972f8f4a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. Love the Minilites too, a style that defies age and looks good on virtually any car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That M535 is awesome I bet it’s missed 

It is. A lot of time an effort went into making what it was. To have it written off was gutting.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

It is. A lot of time an effort went into making what it was. To have it written off was gutting.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Duncan

That must have been hard to take having it written off, as you say the amount of love and car we put into our classics, unless you have had one it’s hard to understand. I know exactly how hard it must have been for you, I spend hours cleaning inside the engine bay,so much so you could eat your dinner off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Very nice. Love the Minilites too, a style that defies age and looks good on virtually any car.


When we go to a classic car meeting we always have the conversation about Minilites, trying to come up with a car of the 70s and early 80s they do not suit, there are not many

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

It is. A lot of time an effort went into making what it was. To have it written off was gutting.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never realized that the car in your banner was 'no more'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i'm afraid so but it lives on all over the world in other e28s.

 

At the time i could probably have bought a new shell and rebuilt it into another car (or possibly saved the shell but it was CAT C) i had neither the time, space or motivation so decided to call time on e28's and broke it, sold all my spares, tools etc after a brief dalliance with a 525e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 15:02, Phill20d said:

Took the TR6 out for a spin as it was really dry with no salt on the roads, started with the top down so I could hear that glorious straight six, but succumbed to the cold on my back, no heated seats in 74

 

46229346-6275-42F4-A94A-D1E8996723B2.thumb.jpeg.d0ef2cc01830d180ee87f98e972f8f4a.jpeg

 

Those cars date back to a time when we were actually good at making stuff........ like the Spitfire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×