Phill20d

Out for a Spin

Took the TR6 out for a spin as it was really dry with no salt on the roads, started with the top down so I could hear that glorious straight six, but succumbed to the cold on my back, no heated seats in 74

46229346-6275-42F4-A94A-D1E8996723B2.thumb.jpeg.d0ef2cc01830d180ee87f98e972f8f4a.jpeg

Very nice. Love the Minilites too, a style that defies age and looks good on virtually any car.

That M535 is awesome I bet it’s missed 

It is. A lot of time an effort went into making what it was. To have it written off was gutting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

It is. A lot of time an effort went into making what it was. To have it written off was gutting.

Hi Duncan

That must have been hard to take having it written off, as you say the amount of love and car we put into our classics, unless you have had one it’s hard to understand. I know exactly how hard it must have been for you, I spend hours cleaning inside the engine bay,so much so you could eat your dinner off it.

13 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Very nice. Love the Minilites too, a style that defies age and looks good on virtually any car.

When we go to a classic car meeting we always have the conversation about Minilites, trying to come up with a car of the 70s and early 80s they do not suit, there are not many

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

I never realized that the car in your banner was 'no more'...

Yes i'm afraid so but it lives on all over the world in other e28s.

At the time i could probably have bought a new shell and rebuilt it into another car (or possibly saved the shell but it was CAT C) i had neither the time, space or motivation so decided to call time on e28's and broke it, sold all my spares, tools etc after a brief dalliance with a 525e.

On 11/12/2019 at 15:02, Phill20d said:

Took the TR6 out for a spin as it was really dry with no salt on the roads, started with the top down so I could hear that glorious straight six, but succumbed to the cold on my back, no heated seats in 74

46229346-6275-42F4-A94A-D1E8996723B2.thumb.jpeg.d0ef2cc01830d180ee87f98e972f8f4a.jpeg

Those cars date back to a time when we were actually good at making stuff........ like the Spitfire.