Steve van hool

Digital dashboards!

I know they don’t need one, but I always think that Tesla’s would look so much better with a grille of some sorts, it looks odd without one. That is some impressive performance though.

Talking of Teslas, funnily enough we were in Bluewater (mega indoor shopping centre near Dartford) a few days ago and there's a Tesla shop!

I was thinking the same as I looked at them, just didn't look 'normal' without some form of grille. Good looking cars but did nothing for me. 

On 31/12/2019 at 11:45, d_a_n1979 said:

Good to see you back on here & that's a cracking car 8) 

Really like the alloys too :mrgreen:

20" wheels and very low profiles.  Look wonderful, but good grief I'm Pothole Paranoid.

2 hours ago, rincewind said:

20" wheels and very low profiles.  Look wonderful, but good grief I'm Pothole Paranoid.

That I can understand

I avoid them like the plague & that’s even on my 17” winter alloys & tyres!

On 09/12/2019 at 16:32, edd_jedi said:

It will be interesting to see how long they last, I reckon many will die after 5-6 years and I bet they're not cheap to replace

Motorcycle have used LCD for over 20 years now and it seems reliable.  Personally I liked having dials but LCD (or tft) screens that mimic this and can then do more, like navigation, etc, are really good imo.

No more accurate as the speedo still have the built in over-reading factor, or at least my bikes and current VW all do when you compare the speed to TomTom or other phone speed/nav apps.

The fact that many of these can be customised should mean that you can de-clutter the display and just have what you want, which I also like!

Phil20d, loving the TR6 - always been a big Triumph fan (which got me a taste for the straight 6) and even though I'm without atm I am still a member of Club Triumph!