edd_jedi

Error Code 3F57 (boost pressure plate)

I check my cars fault codes this morning and a new one has come up, 3F57. I've Googled it and most people seem to be reporting power loss or even limp mode. As far as I can tell, the car seems to be driving fine. Can anyone advise what this might be and what I should check please?

That code suggests the MAP sensor on the intake manifold. Could be the vacuum pipe has perished or is damaged in some way. This post shows the information on the MAP

This code has just returned again after going away for a while. A bit of Googling is bringing up posts about turbo actuators, any more experience with this from anyone please?

You're spot on Changy - with my 3F57, engine flat no turbo boost.

The thing is 4 months ago I had "increased emisson fault" (code 4501) problem .

I had replaced / tested just about everything I could find related to that  problem.

I bought 3 cheap MAP sensors off the net (all u/s) to hopefully remedy, waste of time.

So I bought a "genuine BMW Map sensor (£71) from local Main Dealer.

It didn't fix my problem , but left it in the manifold anyway,  solved it eventually with leaking seal at intercooler inlet pipe.

Anyway I'm lucky I kept the old Map sensor as I had recently had the 3F57 code with the same

no turbo power, engine flat (same as the cheap sensors I had tried)

The genuine BMW sensor only lasted 1,500 miles.

You live and learn.