Liam2594

520d/530d conundrum.

On 05/12/2019 at 19:18, Carrera77 said:

I get 550-600 miles for a 530 d xdrive with an average of 39-40 mpg.  I have put on a set of new Pirelli p7s last week, and they seem to have bumped it up to around 41-42 mpg so maybe was a bad setup

I have got over 900 miles in my 530D Xdrive, its gone now and I'm not gettinbg anything like thatr in my X3.

Typically though 700-800 is easy, long distance motorway driving 55 mpg is easy, average was around 47 over 12,000 miles of mixed driving.

Picked the car up today, what an absolute fantastic bit of kit. So happy I went with the 3.0, and I simply cannot get over how much of an upgrade this feels compared to the F10 I had previously. Massively impressed. 

Only slight issue is, it appears to have a minor cough at around 60mph, which is odd, but I’ll monitor. 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, Liam2594 said:

Picked the car up today, what an absolute fantastic bit of kit. So happy I went with the 3.0, and I simply cannot get over how much of an upgrade this feels compared to the F10 I had previously. Massively impressed. 

Only slight issue is, it appears to have a minor cough at around 60mph, which is odd, but I’ll monitor. 

Good the hear. I'm in the same conundrum - love the M140i but will be chaining soon and it whether i go for the 540i or 530d - I had a 540i on demo and it's like the M140i in terms of grunt and acceleration (and being drive just plant your right foot and off) but without and drama. Need to try a 530d (undecided on drive or RWD - I'd run winter tyres so mobility would be an issue with RWD). I be interested to hear updates etc. Also which dealer offered that deal? Cheers

41 minutes ago, Jonno said:

Good the hear. I'm in the same conundrum - love the M140i but will be chaining soon and it whether i go for the 540i or 530d - I had a 540i on demo and it's like the M140i in terms of grunt and acceleration (and being drive just plant your right foot and off) but without and drama. Need to try a 530d (undecided on drive or RWD - I'd run winter tyres so mobility would be an issue with RWD). I be interested to hear updates etc. Also which dealer offered that deal? Cheers

M140i was just too small for us having had a 5 previously, great car but whenever I drove it I just missed the 5 Series. 530d in my opinion is the best blend between both, plenty quick enough, tip top on fuel. Sandal BMW Huddersfield.

On 14/12/2019 at 11:23, Liam2594 said:

M140i was just too small for us having had a 5 previously, great car but whenever I drove it I just missed the 5 Series. 530d in my opinion is the best blend between both, plenty quick enough, tip top on fuel. Sandal BMW Huddersfield.

Do you have another weekend car? I would not exchange my m240i for 5 series. The fun factor overrides reasonableness for me