pinter75

PDC 05 330i No sensors working :(

Hi!

Long time since I have been here! Back in a 5 series again!

Nice to see my logo is still being used on the forums, it has been years since I was on here....

Anyways. Picked up an E60 2005 model. Only thing wrong is the PDC is kaput. Checked the module and it seems bone dry....

No sensors are emitting ticks, and I cant use INPA until later on this week.

I understand if a sensor in the line (front or back ) goes down then the rest wont work. On other cars I have had the others will emits ticks even if one is bad....

Any ideas?

Ta.

I will get INPA on it tomorrow to see which one or 8 is duff :-)

Edited by pinter75

I tried that earlier, used to do it on my e39 and e46. But the E60 is proper silent in the ultrasonic sensor department.

I literally have nothing being emitted from them, all I get is a flashing button, and a PDC no worky message.

Dumb question, but can you use the PDC via the button while not in reverse? I didn't get a manual with the car!

Page 82 of the owners manual states you can turn them on manually, suppose it could come in handy being able to turn them on for the front sensors. I've got a fault with mine too so I'll see if they make noise as well.

Yes, the PDC button can be used to manually switch them on provided the speed is low enough or used to switch them off if you are reversing a trailer without having the proper towing electrics fitted.

I could hear my sensors click the moment I unlocked the car.  Clicking from the parking sensors and a buzz from the fuel pump accompanied every unlock.

Grrr INPA not working. Launches ok, COM port set in obd.ini but no connection. Ignition in pos 2 and a K-line cable from bmcables.com

I am using a win 10 lappy, anything I should know - Compatibility mode perhaps?