Steve van hool

If the E39 hadn't been invented

1 hour ago, Steve van hool said:

Volvo vr70, bmw touring, what is the attraction of an estate, I don't think they look as good as a saloon in any form?

Horses for courses, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc; an estate is undoubtedly far more versatile, and to many people just as good, or even better looking.

Another touring fan here... Always wanted the E39 in touring guise, just took me 3 attempts to get to it :lol: 

The practicality of the rear is great for me, no 4 legged friends, but it gets plenty of use for firewood, gym/training stuff, stuff for the garden etc ;) 

9 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

Volvo vr70, bmw touring, what is the attraction of an estate, I don't think they look as good as a saloon in any form?

In addition to the above self levelling rear suspension so you can load it up without the steering going light!!

13 minutes ago, E39mad said:

In addition to the above self levelling rear suspension so you can load it up without the steering going light!!

I've found this to be superb so far; been great when the cars been fully loaded and with 4 passengers etc :) 

No e39 would've meant no e39 M5, which would have been a crying shame as they were and still are one of the best performance all rounders IMO.

And for me would've probably meant an E55 or XJR.... :(

To be fair the Volvo vr70 does have a good stance about it as an estate, almost as though they designed the estate first, then made a saloon out of it.

BMW tourings definitely came after the saloon was launched, didn't  they just added a bit more metal to a saloon!

Edited by Steve van hool

Looks wise, I think the E39 has the touring fairly well done: 

e39wagonbbs.jpg

I agree though; the Ovlov 850 T5R or V70 R 'flying wardrobes' got their looks very right; proper boxy, which suits the car to a tee 8) 

Edited by d_a_n1979