AndyI

Just buying a 530e, my first BMW.

Before getting the 530e I'd had an extended test drive in a Jaguar iPace which was hugely impressive and convinced me of the merits of electric vehicles. However, a combination of £70K to get the car I wanted and questions about the current charging infrastructure encouraged me to look at other options including hybrids and that's how I came to the BMW. I guess you can always see something better just round the corner and that certainly applies to electric vehicle technology where capability is developing so quickly. A well spec'd one year old 530e with under 5000 miles on the clock for £31K seemed to me like a heck of a lot of car for the money.

7 hours ago, AndyI said:

Before getting the 530e I'd had an extended test drive in a Jaguar iPace

You may have had a lucky escape - a colleague in work bought a new £ 80k iPace and is in deep discussions with Jaguar to return the car and get a refund. He’s had a pile of problems culminating in a total brake failure when trying to stop at a red light. He had to swerve up onto and along the pavement to avoid the traffic and luckily nobody was hurt. The ‘technician’ collecting the car said they had had a few of these ‘issues with the regenerative brakes failing’. My mate says he has no confidence in the car nor the model - Jaguar have given him a Discovery diesel which isn’t very ‘green’ !

4 hours ago, Wivenhoe said:

You may have had a lucky escape - a colleague in work bought a new £ 80k iPace and is in deep discussions with Jaguar to return the car and get a refund. He’s had a pile of problems culminating in a total brake failure when trying to stop at a red light. He had to swerve up onto and along the pavement to avoid the traffic and luckily nobody was hurt. The ‘technician’ collecting the car said they had had a few of these ‘issues with the regenerative brakes failing’. My mate says he has no confidence in the car nor the model - Jaguar have given him a Discovery diesel which isn’t very ‘green’ !

whoever buys a jag/LR product really hasn’t looked into their reliability 

12 hours ago, Wivenhoe said:

Hopefully you are right but every article I have read says it will be getting the same as the 745e. However, they don’t specifically say the battery will be the same capacity. The articles I have read about the X545e say the boot capacity is quite a bit reduced but because of the size to begin with it isn’t an issue, but that may not be the case in a 5 saloon. There is a BMW article saying - 
A new model will be added to the G30 lineup at LCI: 545e xDrive. It will have the same drivetrain as the new 745e, slightly detuned to 375hp."

Yeah who knows. The incentive for BIK drivers is a bigger battery as the higher the fully electric range, the lower the tax - so that may mean BMW increase the battery size, who knows?

25 minutes ago, bmwf113.0d said:

More reliable than BMW...

to be fair the German marques are all pretty shocking...

image.thumb.png.61d14332844f726231984fbd2a8d3334.png

I don't believe that i'm sorry. I worked at a law firm which dealt with JLR and many "issues" that they had. I remember two shocking figures:

1) An average Range Rover owner (from new) on 3 year cycle (so all within warranty) of owning the car would have it spend 8 months at a Service center for repairs 

2) The above was caused by a huge issue with parts supply. As an example, for 2018 model year cars, JLR would having 41 different steering racks despite only have 13 different models between the two brands. 

Edited by sjak92

I can't understand how Peugeot manage to come out top. I don't see how they could be any different from Citroen. I'm surprised that Nissan are so high up too. My son had a brand new Nissan Navara and it was appalling. The dealer seemed unable to sort it. He got rid of it after a year and got an Isuzu, which has been fine for over a year now.