Jump to content
AndyI

Just buying a 530e, my first BMW.

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, G Whizz said:

No - but it is fully air conditioned ;-)

 

Pity that I can't change the settings however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2019 at 16:47, sjak92 said:

nope, the 530d is the best 5 series out there, everyone will say that

 

Nope.  Everyone won't say that.  I don't.  So that's less than everyone then.  The 530d is a dirty diesel.Yesterday's car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheDarkLord said:

 

The 530d is a dirty diesel.Yesterday's car.


producing the same amount of Co2 as the 530i and far less than the 540i? Someone is on the diesel is devil bandwagon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheDarkLord said:

 

The 530d is a dirty diesel.Yesterday's car.


Check the figures before joining the eco-bandwagon. Diesels are far removed from the problem cars of 10 years ago, little different to petrols,  but it’s trendy to slag them off.

 

Just wait a few years until we know the lifetime costs of wind turbines and batteries before joining the populists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boba said:


Check the figures before joining the eco-bandwagon. Diesels are far removed from the problem cars of 10 years ago, little different to petrols,  but it’s trendy to slag them off.

 

Just wait a few years until we know the lifetime costs of wind turbines and batteries before joining the populists.

 

 +1 to that!

 

Absolutely worst thing about these eco drivers is the fact they somehow think they are above everyone else because they run electric but somehow forget the impact of producing and then recycling the battery in their car. They are slowly creeping up to cyclists in terms of entitlement levels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

 +1 to that!

 

Absolutely worst thing about these eco drivers is the fact they somehow think they are above everyone else because they run electric but somehow forget the impact of producing and then recycling the battery in their car. They are slowly creeping up to cyclists in terms of entitlement levels

Now now. Don't paint everyone with the same brush, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CFD said:

Now now. Don't paint everyone with the same brush, please.

 

I'm not, my post should say "some" eco drivers. I can completely understand if you can an electric car or hyrbid for the lower running cost or because its a BIK factor. But when someone brands diesel as dirty without any knowledge or research whilst proudly wearing their green eco warrior badge and points fingers at others, well thats just daft. 

1 hour ago, Carrera77 said:

to be fair cycling is as green a mode of transport as you can get. And its dangerous

 

Thats not what i meant. Many cyclists, as you probably know, have their own special set of road rules where you cannot overtake within 10ft of them, they do not need to stop at lights, they can organise their own  Tour de Countryside and ride 8 abreast etc etc. Again, its not everyone, but there are many and those are the absolute worst road users. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, just read a review of the X5 45e - now rated for 50 miles on a charge. Battery is 24kWh rather than 9.2kWh. 50 miles would almost get me to work AND back on a single charge. Much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CFD said:

As an aside, just read a review of the X5 45e - now rated for 50 miles on a charge. Battery is 24kWh rather than 9.2kWh. 50 miles would almost get me to work AND back on a single charge. Much better.


they do seem to catch fire atm. Although I must say I maybe should have considered one when buying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2019 at 16:48, sjak92 said:


they do seem to catch fire atm. Although I must say I maybe should have considered one when buying 

Yeah I do tend to find being on fire a bit of a problem in a car, not a feature I look for tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CFD said:

Yeah I do tend to find being on fire a bit of a problem in a car, not a feature I look for tbh.

Although it does save on using the heater :mrgreen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×