Has anyone come across this term - my car tends to make a snapping noise from the front brakes when breaking in reverse and BMW technician reported that my brakes need de-glazing and again, that’s not covered by the AUC warranty!

Must have been a premium paying shift that to go that far!

I have my doubts about the diagnosis, hey.... they spent over £2500 to rectify it by replacing the rear differential and clearly didn't work.

If was making squeaking noise then maybe but the snapping noise just when breaking in reverse just does not make sense.

If I was to take to another franchised dealership you reckon they would see issue was already looked into and not bother?

A neighbour has an Aston Martin with squeaky brakes diagnosed as glaze.

Apparently it's because it's not driven hard enough and the official fix is he needs to go and give them some hard use to clean them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, The Situation said:

Must have been a premium paying shift that to go that far!

lol no! That was there and back and the A7 is a horrible road so lots of speeding up and slowing down which is why it did the trick on the brakes. 

Nothing to loose trying a different dealer. They probably will know it’s been looked at somewhere else but they might see it as a chance to win some future business from you and be extra specially nice to you.

New diff and new gearbox. Your getting your money out of that AUC warranty! 

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

New diff and new gearbox. Your getting your money out of that AUC warranty! 

Well luckily the private seller I bought it from extended the AUC and runs out in April.