Tom-P

New e61 owner

The oil is normal, never had a pipe off one yet without it as it's oil condensing in the intercooler being drawn into the intake from the CCV

That’s good. Now have a fault code 43e2 which is throttle actuator does can only assume it’s because I unplugged it when removing. Will see if it clears itself.

Now cleared. Did 300 miles today going down south to see family and coming back. Reminds me why I bought the car. Super smooth and could drive it all day. 

economy still crap though and the kickdown thing with the revs is still odd. It’s almost like a cvt but it’s not slipping as speed still rises. 

I did a run to Wembley & back a month ago, I got high 40's averaging 80mph

My overall for the trip was 45mpg.

Knocking about at home, to & from work I get 32mpg

In this frosty weather allowing the car to warm up while I scrape the windows this has dropped to 30mpg

We had some heavy traffic for a while due to road work's,  6 miles of start/ stop 10 mph max,

Still achieved 28mpg.

Ok thanks. Have ordered the glow plug controller and glow plugs so will hopefully fit one night this week. 

car was in having the battery cable recall done today. They gave the car a full check and everything looks good apart from a cracked spring so will get that done under warranty. Picked the car up and all was fine, then drove it later in the evening and the Idrive didn’t boot up properly. Just got stuck on black screen with the clock showing in the bottom right bug with no numbers. I should have taken a picture really. 

I have literally no toys on the car so no nav, Bluetooth etc I restarted the car and it all came on. I’ll mention it to bmw but think it’s odd it did it the same day it came back from the battery cable recall. 

On 11/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, GoNz0 said:

If you have a Windows laptop buy the switched dcan cable from Jimmy at cableshack who is a forum vendor on here then ask me for the link to ISTA and you can do proper diagnostics. Plenty of i us will guide you and I'm more than happy to do remote desktop if you get stuck, it's a bonus if your WiFi reaches the car!

have a k-line cable on the way. What do I need to do to get the diagnostics up and running? I don’t have a windows laptop at the moment but might be able to borrow one from work. Any issue if it windows 10?

Got INPA set up and working checked error codes and cleared a couple of odd ones that I assume are old. 

so what else can I do with this software. Can it read live data?

6 minutes ago, RanchoGrande said:

is there a version of INPA that works inside windows 10? I currently have it setup using a windows xp emulator. It's not a particularly smooth way to do it!

Install the standard tools package, it works on x64 bit and windows 10

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Edited by GoNz0