Sign in to follow this  
cockneychris1

Electric cars

So, a bloke from Devon out thinks all the other huge companies who can only produce power cells to get a car 300 odd miles?

Fair play to him if this is true, and he's British. But, this is the Daily Mail... :roll:

46 minutes ago, cockneychris1 said:

Yes Daily Mail is where it falls down but if it’s true that’s some new invention.

I thought that the DM article read like something out of Viz magazine in places! :lol:

You may have seen it in the DM, but it was in the Classic Car Weekly several weeks earlier.  I sincerely hope it’s true, because apart from giving great range, it doesn’t use rare and toxic metals.

I'll be continuing to burn as much diesel and petrol as I can for aslong as I can. We may introduce EV in the UK and maybe Europe but the rest of the world, there's countries out there who burn tyres to boil a kettle so that's where the focus of the global committees should be. 

The inventor in this case, I think brilliant, his really applied himself and discovered something excellent and useable. I specially like the fact you can buy the power pack and just swap it out instead of being parked for hours trying to charge up. However, I suspect he will disappear having been paid off by the large manufactures so that there marketed solutions continue to be "the latest" but then I would be a conspiracist (if that's even a word but you know what I mean)

My next pint of Wainwrights is getting warm, brewed in Lancashire (I think), transported by diesel to Worcestershire, enjoyed near a gas fired boiler powered radiator supported by a log fire and paid for with cash whilst sat beneath a halogen spotlight bulb. 

Good evening folks!