Sign in to follow this  
huggy

off to pastures new

Well its been fun over last 2 1/2 years or so but my 530 went back today and just waiting to collect my new X3 tomorrow.

It's been a terrific forum, I see most X3 forum users are from USA so its going to be quite different.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, advice and suggestions and I wish you all well for the future.

Enjoy the motor. 

just make sure that your new X3 has the newer IDrive than your G30. Apparently lots and lots of back stock on X3’s

heard of a guy picking up a “brand new” 69 plate X3 m40i but the car was produced in May 2018

Not so good ‘cause IIRC the service intervals start more or less at delivery, not at registration?

3 hours ago, Back2Beemer said:

Pretty sure they’re all reset at point of PDI

Not so sure this is guaranteed.

paperwork on my previous car showed dealer check with 7 miles on the clock in July 17 prior to 1st registration but 1st service was less than 2 years later (with v low mileage) in April 2019 which was 2 years from when dealer received it. Also some of the paid-up S/W options expired on the earlier anniversary (but not all of them - some from the July).

Don't really know how this all works as obviously brake fluid for instance ages whether the vehicle has been registered or not.

13 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Enjoy the motor. 

just make sure that your new X3 has the newer IDrive than your G30. Apparently lots and lots of back stock on X3’s

heard of a guy picking up a “brand new” 69 plate X3 m40i but the car was produced in May 2018

Thank you

I didn’t want the idrive 7 but mine was built end of June this year, one should always ask build date for an in stock car 

On 25/10/2019 at 17:25, Back2Beemer said:

Good luck with the new motor mate - enjoy.

thank you. First day and 100 mile run on motorways, A roads and lanes and it is wonderful, makes me realise just how much I missed adaptive suspension on my 530 

9 hours ago, huggy said:

Thank you

I didn’t want the idrive 7 but mine was built end of June this year, one should always ask build date for an in stock car 

Any reason for not wanting it? It’s far superior to iD6

18 hours ago, Boba said:

Not so good ‘cause IIRC the service intervals start more or less at delivery, not at registration?

14 hours ago, Boba said:

Not so sure this is guaranteed.

paperwork on my previous car showed dealer check with 7 miles on the clock in July 17 prior to 1st registration but 1st service was less than 2 years later (with v low mileage) in April 2019 which was 2 years from when dealer received it. Also some of the paid-up S/W options expired on the earlier anniversary (but not all of them - some from the July).

Don't really know how this all works as obviously brake fluid for instance ages whether the vehicle has been registered or not.

I had the pleasure of driving a pre registered Alpina D5 which was on sale as a brand new car (less than a 100 miles on the clock) but was in fact a June 2017 build. Car was driven in July 2019.

that meant it sat at a dealership for more than 2 years. Old hardware, old tyres, old software but new car and new number plate. 

id be furious in all fairness 

On 27/10/2019 at 08:11, sjak92 said:

Any reason for not wanting it? It’s far superior to iD6

I didn’t like the look of the dash display in a X5 and the new screen with so much info is Unnecessary, I like tech but in cars it’s often not needed, it’s one reason I moved away from Audi as I hate all this touch screen stuff - it detracts from driving 

8 hours ago, Hudds.taz said:

I’m thinking of moving to an X3 next what spec have you got?

X3 M40d with comfort pack, tech pack, M sport plus pack with adaptive suspension and panoramic roof 

12 hours ago, huggy said:

........ it’s one reason I moved away from Audi as I hate all this touch screen stuff - it detracts from driving 

#MeToo = also with Audi the screens are set too low and there is no option for manual input i.e. touch screen (look away from road) or voice (wasn't that good).

Yes but the iD7 still gives you the normal knob controller. The live cockpit i prefer to Audi stuff contrary to almost every car journalist. The fact that the maps displayed on it are black and white means that they do not distract and even if thats too much, you can always use reduced mode which is actually nice

widzFHX.jpg

5 hours ago, huggy said:

X3 M40d with comfort pack, tech pack, M sport plus pack with adaptive suspension and panoramic roof 

Wow almost the exact spec is looking at except don’t want panoramic roof. I’m also considering the 6 series GT but it’s a bit marmite. What’s the 40d like on fuel I currently have the 30d 

9 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Yes but the iD7 still gives you the normal knob controller. The live cockpit i prefer to Audi stuff contrary to almost every car journalist. The fact that the maps displayed on it are black and white means that they do not distract and even if thats too much, you can always use reduced mode which is actually nice

widzFHX.jpg

I do like this which is why I’m thinking of waiting to make sure my new one has it 

iD7

I went for the X5 as well and much prefer the iD7 look, but of course it's all personal preference. I wish I could configure the dash a bit more in particular. I rarely use the touchscreen but have more issue with the gesture control - a bit too gimmicy and glitchy for me currently.

Panoramic sunroof.

We bought a pre-reg and we ended up with the roof as a bit of compromise to get the other things we wanted at the price we wanted. Having lived with it, I'm still not sure it's worth the price (£2,440!), but it us rather nice, particularly at night as it's lit up with lots of little dots in the same ambient colour as the rest of the car. Unlimited budget, I'd get it again, just where it's in the pecking order of real life budgets!

50 minutes ago, G Whizz said:

iD7

I went for the X5 as well and much prefer the iD7 look, but of course it's all personal preference. I wish I could configure the dash a bit more in particular. I rarely use the touchscreen but have more issue with the gesture control - a bit too gimmicy and glitchy for me currently.

Panoramic sunroof.

We bought a pre-reg and we ended up with the roof as a bit of compromise to get the other things we wanted at the price we wanted. Having lived with it, I'm still not sure it's worth the price (£2,440!), but it us rather nice, particularly at night as it's lit up with lots of little dots in the same ambient colour as the rest of the car. Unlimited budget, I'd get it again, just where it's in the pecking order of real life budgets!

I think we have a pretty much identical spec on our X5's then? what packs have you got?

2 hours ago, sjak92 said:

widzFHX.jpg

I like new tech and like how BMW have modernised a lot, II just prefer the display I have, maybe it’s the circular shape of the dials ? And I use head up for Nav 

each to his own. It’d be boring if we all liked the same things eh 

Edited by huggy

1 hour ago, Hudds.taz said:

Wow almost the exact spec is looking at except don’t want panoramic roof. I’m also considering the 6 series GT but it’s a bit marmite. What’s the 40d like on fuel I currently have the 30d 

I didn’t go out for pano roig, let’s see how it is 

my 530d X drive could achieve over 60mpg and I often got 700-800 mile range and a few times over 900 miles 

so far this has averaged exactly 40mpg over 300 miles or so but mostly commuting and small roads so I am ok with that

i need to do a long drive to see but from my normal day to day commute my 530 didn’t seem so much better - only time will tell - but the engine is sublime, I thought my 530 was smooth but this set up with acoustic glass is amazingly good 

3 minutes ago, huggy said:

I didn’t go out for pano roig, let’s see how it is 

my 530d X drive could achieve over 60mpg and I often got 700-800 mile range and a few times over 900 miles 

so far this has averaged exactly 40mpg over 300 miles or so but mostly commuting and small roads so I am ok with that

i need to do a long drive to see but from my normal day to day commute my 530 didn’t seem so much better - only time will tell - but the engine is sublime, I thought my 530 was smooth but this set up with acoustic glass is amazingly good 

Thats incredibly decent MPG. I was averaging around 30mpg in an X5 30d although that is mostly around town. Mind you I then checked my tyre pressures were all at 2.2 bar which i though "that seems fine" only to have a light bulb moment and realise the thing is a touch heavier than a G30. Up to 2.7 all around as recommended and instantly got 39 mpg on a evening run into central London and back.