Sign in to follow this  
huggy

off to pastures new

5 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Thats incredibly decent MPG. I was averaging around 30mpg in an X5 30d although that is mostly around town. Mind you I then checked my tyre pressures were all at 2.2 bar which i though "that seems fine" only to have a light bulb moment and realise the thing is a touch heavier than a G30. Up to 2.7 all around as recommended and instantly got 39 mpg on a evening run into central London and back.

Sport mode around some good roads bought the MPG down I can tell you.

as much as I hated M6 roadworks I think the long enforced 50mph limits helped. But I easily went from NorthWest to Manchester, Sunderland, Northampton, Eynesham, Dorking and back to NW easily - I can only remember my holiday in Scotland where I filled up anywhere bit my local place - and I checked MPG against calculation for miles and fuel needed to fill up and it was accurate 

not expecting same from X3 

On 30/10/2019 at 14:31, sjak92 said:

I think we have a pretty much identical spec on our X5's then? what packs have you got?

Off the top of my head:

Pano roof

tech pack

m sport plus

in Sapphire

We bought a pre-reg so didn't get everything we initially wanted but very happy with what we got! In addition to the sunroof growing on us, I think I've fessed up on a different thread that I get the HK sound system now (I had obviously had a duff demo car where it sounded like a speaker in a sock in a coal mine).

Actually, it was quite interesting looking at the specs of all the pre-regs - surprised by the option lists/combination of options. In particular, many of them had the 7 seats and I don't think we saw a single comfort/comfort plus (though I may be misremembering). But we couldn't seem to get the tech pack without the sunroof. I did wonder if that was deliberate.

14 minutes ago, G Whizz said:

Off the top of my head:

Pano roof

tech pack

m sport plus

in Sapphire

We bought a pre-reg so didn't get everything we initially wanted but very happy with what we got! In addition to the sunroof growing on us, I think I've fessed up on a different thread that I get the HK sound system now (I had obviously had a duff demo car where it sounded like a speaker in a sock in a coal mine).

Actually, it was quite interesting looking at the specs of all the pre-regs - surprised by the option lists/combination of options. In particular, many of them had the 7 seats and I don't think we saw a single comfort/comfort plus (though I may be misremembering). But we couldn't seem to get the tech pack without the sunroof. I did wonder if that was deliberate.

They did you a favour! Come resale time you really don’t want to have a big suv (X5, Q7, Cayenne etc.) without a pano roof. 

You will get either a low ball offer or your sales advert will sit for months!

2 hours ago, G Whizz said:

Off the top of my head:

Pano roof

tech pack

m sport plus

in Sapphire

Identical to mine except i have mineral white and also have adaptive LED's

3 hours ago, Zerouali said:

They did you a favour! Come resale time you really don’t want to have a big suv (X5, Q7, Cayenne etc.) without a pano roof. 

ISTR that BMW’s track record on pano roof leaks and problems isn’t great?

4 hours ago, Zerouali said:

Interesting. I didn't think people went for them these days - this is the first car since c1995 that has had one. I note my dealer only has a handful with sunroofs, with the vast majority without.

Anyway, whether it has an impact or not was already built into the PCP so somewhat academic!

10 minutes ago, G Whizz said:

Interesting. I didn't think people went for them these days - this is the first car since c1995 that has had one. I note my dealer only has a handful with sunroofs, with the vast majority without.

Anyway, whether it has an impact or not was already built into the PCP so somewhat academic!

I second that! Was shocked to see that a £2440 only raised the residual on my car by circa £300 so if anyone is going to make a profit on it, it will be the dealer come resale time. 

The sunroof itself was neither here nor there for me, but wife wanted it. Must say it does brighten the interior of the car up significantly. 

Hi all just like Huggy I have traded my xdrive 530d msport for a X3. I would like to thank all the forum members for the advice and banter over the past 2 years.

I would like to add I am going to miss the g30. This car is probably the best overall car in terms of performance, comfort, ability and driving pleasure I have had so far. Very sad to see her go.
I will be picking up my new X3MC end of the month. I have added some pics of my current car for nostalgic reasons :) and my new X3 taken at the showroom. 

3A8AB388-2E6A-4870-A62A-EB2F95B9D8E7.jpeg

3207CB65-305D-4F0C-ABAA-1BD6E179DA2F.jpeg

67A0116D-9931-408E-AA85-AF5041564B4A.jpeg

BCCF6483-C5F2-429F-8AF7-E5B8249CEE2C.jpeg

52E53BD9-D577-4566-9F4D-766093F72F24.jpeg

D172FFB5-738D-4294-8B9F-95F01673157E.jpeg

CC7036C6-4AF6-44A4-9730-E3E350ED4D11.jpeg

06651EFF-9097-44A5-9606-C47D9894C107.jpeg

C94523C1-EAC6-4DE3-B7A4-55EDD6F64F5B.jpeg

6CC271AD-0B69-4D9D-AE7A-CB4512F1DB99.jpeg

1 hour ago, microcar said:

Hi all just like Huggy I have traded my xdrive 530d msport for a X3. I would like to thank all the forum members for the advice and banter over the past 2 years.

I would like to add I am going to miss the g30. This car is probably the best overall car in terms of performance, comfort, ability and driving pleasure I have had so far. Very sad to see her go.
I will be picking up my new X3MC end of the month. I have added some pics of my current car for nostalgic reasons :) and my new X3 taken at the showroom. 

3A8AB388-2E6A-4870-A62A-EB2F95B9D8E7.jpeg

3207CB65-305D-4F0C-ABAA-1BD6E179DA2F.jpeg

67A0116D-9931-408E-AA85-AF5041564B4A.jpeg

BCCF6483-C5F2-429F-8AF7-E5B8249CEE2C.jpeg

52E53BD9-D577-4566-9F4D-766093F72F24.jpeg

D172FFB5-738D-4294-8B9F-95F01673157E.jpeg

CC7036C6-4AF6-44A4-9730-E3E350ED4D11.jpeg

06651EFF-9097-44A5-9606-C47D9894C107.jpeg

C94523C1-EAC6-4DE3-B7A4-55EDD6F64F5B.jpeg

6CC271AD-0B69-4D9D-AE7A-CB4512F1DB99.jpeg

Congrats mate, X3MC is a bloody competent car and probably ticks all the boxes (apart from economy). Test drove the X4MC this weekend gone at a sytner event and was highly impressed!

Thanks Sjak. I had the pleasure of testing one for 5 days couple of weeks ago. I was surprised how well it handled plus the power it provided.
Your right the MPG let’s say does not exist:D totally chalk and cheese compared to my g30.

A lot has been said about how stiff the car rides but IMHO it feels similar to my g30 that has 20” rims and low profile tyres. 
TBH was not first choice. I wanted a new x5 like yours but wife said it was to big (she doesn’t normally say that to me :lol:) and what surprised me most is she loved this X3. She’s only a short  and the X3 seemed the right size. She has no idea it’s a M car all she like is the high seating position and easy to put the pram in the back! 

1 hour ago, microcar said:

She has no idea it’s a M car all she like is the high seating position and easy to put the pram in the back! 

:mrgreen: Yeah and I tried to persuade my wife that the S in SQ5 stood for "Sedate" ....................

2 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Congrats mate, X3MC is a bloody competent car and probably ticks all the boxes (apart from economy). Test drove the X4MC this weekend gone at a sytner event and was highly impressed!

nice 

your 530 looks identical to my old one, and like you I wanted an X5 but wife said too big, and I had to listen as she rarely drove the 530 - but I love my X3 

hope you enjoy yours as much 

49 minutes ago, huggy said:

nice 

your 530 looks identical to my old one, and like you I wanted an X5 but wife said too big, and I had to listen as she rarely drove the 530 - but I love my X3 

hope you enjoy yours as much 

Thanks Huggy

your m40d is a great choice. You got the best in both worlds in economy and power. I was close to getting that model. I had Bmw diesels for over 8 years now and wanted something completely different. I hope enjoy it I just got to get my head around the fact that I will be visiting the petrol station a lot more often and once I fill up I will not see over 600 mile range anymore :-D