Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
microcar

Bosch Aerotwin Wiper blade

Recommended Posts

A310S - 475 + 650mm for the G30. Measure yours to confirm but I’m quite sure this is correct.  

 

Some sites are still showing the A524S - (450 + 650mm) set for the G30 that is actually for the F10/11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Ashton said:

A310S - 475 + 650mm for the G30. Measure yours to confirm but I’m quite sure this is correct.  

 

Some sites are still showing the A524S - (450 + 650mm) set for the G30 that is actually for the F10/11. 

+1. Paid about £18 for a set on a popular shopping website...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, microcar said:

Hey folks anyone know the the correct Bosch blade to fit my g30? I have been give a number of different box numbers. Thanks

 

I didnt like them, they were very noisy and I needed to constantly wash the screen to quiet them down, they have settled down but I would have had OEM wipers fitted on service this month but I am replacing car for an X3 M40D instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, huggy said:

 

I didnt like them, they were very noisy and I needed to constantly wash the screen to quiet them down, they have settled down but I would have had OEM wipers fitted on service this month but I am replacing car for an X3 M40D instead.

Maybe just got a bad set, or the windscreen needs a good clean? Maybe needs a clay, polish or cleaning with wire wool, 0000 grade is best.

I would think that the OE wipers are usually either Bosch or Valeo, I could be wrong on that though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ally said:

Maybe just got a bad set, or the windscreen needs a good clean? Maybe needs a clay, polish or cleaning with wire wool, 0000 grade is best.

I would think that the OE wipers are usually either Bosch or Valeo, I could be wrong on that though?

 

On my F11, the OE blades and the replacement Bosch ones were identical I every way. And I had no problems with them. Haven't had reason to change the G32's blades yet so can't comment on the Bosch fitment for this car.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ally said:

Maybe just got a bad set, or the windscreen needs a good clean? Maybe needs a clay, polish or cleaning with wire wool, 0000 grade is best.

I would think that the OE wipers are usually either Bosch or Valeo, I could be wrong on that though?

yes I thought same,  but I have my car cleaned monthly as well as me cleaning it when necessary and screen is always polished, maybe a bad set of blades but they do vibrate and squeak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

 

On my F11, the OE blades and the replacement Bosch ones were identical I every way. And I had no problems with them. Haven't had reason to change the G32's blades yet so can't comment on the Bosch fitment for this car.  

+1.  Used Bosch blades on the last 4 5-series I've owned, well over 200k miles in total. 1 E60, 2 F10s, 1 G30.  Never had a problem with them but always clean the screen with AG glass polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Johnny Grabble said:

+1.  Used Bosch blades on the last 4 5-series I've owned, well over 200k miles in total. 1 E60, 2 F10s, 1 G30.  Never had a problem with them but always clean the screen with AG glass polish.

yep i use same glass polish, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Johnny Grabble said:

+1.  Used Bosch blades on the last 4 5-series I've owned, well over 200k miles in total. 1 E60, 2 F10s, 1 G30.  Never had a problem with them but always clean the screen with AG glass polish.

 

I’ve never used glass polish. What difference could I expect when comparing with just a good wash (of the screen)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like all polishes, it contains a mild abrasive which removes all traces of crud. Returns the screen to that"as new" condition (obviously it did nothing for minor chips, etc). Bit late to get all technical but it returns the surface free energy of the glass back to what it was when it came out of the factory.

Edited by Johnny Grabble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Grabble said:

Like all polishes, it contains a mild abrasive which removes all traces of crud. Returns the screen to that"as new" condition (obviously it did nothing for minor child, etc). Bit late to get all technical but it returns the surface free energy of the glass back to what it was when it came out of the factory.

 

Thanks for the info. In the 35 years of car ownership and car cleaning I’ve never thought, damn, I need to polish that windscreen. Maybe I’ve been missing something all these years :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bosch wiper dont like any sort of coating on the windscreen so beware. Went through about 3 sets on my G30 which have G Techniq glass and they did not get on, judder all the time, had to take the coating off as it just burned through wipers like crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I’ve had various coatings on in the past, rainex etc. and had judder problems with them. 
AG polish isn’t a coating, as such, but will leave residue behind so so perhaps a follow up with IPA or a good glass cleaner might help with that. 
I just use 0000 wire wool when required, followed by a good glass cleaner  
Happy to have coatings on the rest of the glass, just not the windscreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×