Spreadly

Awful car!

I give you the new 1 Series. Just realised it looks like a Ford Focus

The fact it's now got front wheel drive makes it no different from a Focus. In fact, the Focus would be a better option as it would no doubt be cheaper to service and repair. The only reason people are going to buy this is for the badge.

If I was going to buy a brand new car tomorrow, it wouldn't be a BMW. If I were to stay with BMW, it would definitely be used and not of the new gen.

I am so upset with the direction BMW are taking and I can't be the only one who is thinking my next car is going to be a Merc.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

92610b207308db162320b96bda24144b.jpg

Tbh I've got a bit bored of cars in general and whilst i find myself looking at AT a lot i agree with you that cars all seem much of a much today. All turbo so similar power. Too much traffic too many morons on their phones texting etc. Much prefer my mountain bike these days. Even in the wet and dark - kagillion lumens on the front and a nice set of grippy tyres and its a hoot. 

My boy has recently swapped to Mercedes from a number of BMW's. He loves it.

Having said that, when I first saw the new 1 series, I really liked it. I have not investigated it from a technology/engineering level yet though.

Tbh I've got a bit bored of cars in general and whilst i find myself looking at AT a lot i agree with you that cars all seem much of a much today. All turbo so similar power. Too much traffic too many morons on their phones texting etc. Much prefer my mountain bike these days. Even in the wet and dark - kagillion lumens on the front and a nice set of grippy tyres and its a hoot. 

I hear you. Cars nowadays, with all this tech cost a fortune to repair. Just read through this forum with the amount of people having issues with a 'premium brand' of car. Sure, all cars have mechanical parts and with them come the odd issue from time to time, but let's be honest, you'd expect a little bit more from the premium brands, but they're simply not made that way. On top of that, the customer service is no better, apart from a fancy showroom with a nicer coffee machine.

My wife has a new GLC 4 Matic while it’s a nice car to drive, dashboard materials seem cheap not a patch on my G30

Edited by Phill20d

My views on the the 1 series, X1/3, A class, A1/A3 have not changed...they are a premium priced product  but in actual fact not a premium product at all and are targeted at a lease/PCP market that actually cant afford it but want to appear like they have money.

Have driven a number of the above cars and was utterly shocked but the cheap crappy feel to the interiors. Christ the newer breeds of Mazda/Hyundai/Peugeot/Ford feel better quality and thats no exaggeration at all.

43 minutes ago, paperjams said:

I’d much rather have a focus or Mazda 3 than a new 1 series. The usp is gone with the loss of 6 cylinder and rwd.... If I absolutely had to have a new hatch back

Exactly this....quite happy with our 2015 208 GTI....4 years old 40k miles not a rattle or squeak, solid little car!

My views on the the 1 series, X1/3, A class, A1/A3 have not changed...they are a premium priced product  but in actual fact not a premium product at all and are targeted at a lease/PCP market that actually cant afford it but want to appear like they have money.

Have driven a number of the above cars and was utterly shocked but the cheap crappy feel to the interiors. Christ the newer breeds of Mazda/Hyundai/Peugeot/Ford feel better quality and thats no exaggeration at all.

Spot on!