Sign in to follow this  
d_a_n1979

B10 V8 touring

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-BMW-Alpina-B10/283631761851?hash=item4209c539bb:g:eAUAAOSwI6RdlXtD

Was this anyone’s on here?

Its a shame it’s being sold by Motorhub... I know a few folk that have had what appeared to be amazing cars from them, all to be returned via legal cases etc... Motorhub have been known by a few names previously, still dodgy as feck IMO 

Hmmmm this car is mish mash.

This car has a prefacelift lower valance (square instead of round fog lights) and prefacelift grill but facelift front and rear lights. The steering wheel is a facelift one and the sat nav is too. 

A look on the Alpina Register will likely bring more info.

There were only 4 facelift B10 V8 Tourings in rhd (the same number as the B10 V8S Tourings in rhd) so a lot of the owners of the 8 pre-facelift B10 V8 Tourings did little bits to update them, much as any other E39 owners do from time to time.

I believe this was owned by a forum5 member at one stage or another but I have knowledge of its recent provenance other than its sale at the ACA auction very recently.

They are pretty epic cars when they are working well though - I've certainly fallen back in love with mine a bit since I've had it put right...

...but it's not an E34 ;)

16 hours ago, sharkfan said:

There were only 4 facelift B10 V8 Tourings in rhd

Do you mean ever, or for UK market?

5 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Do you mean ever, or for UK market?

For the UK market; there might be a a Japanese one out there but I'm not aware of it.

There were 208 pre-facelift B10 V8 Tourings in total and eight in rhd for the UK.

There were 44 facelift B10 V8 Tourings in total and just four in rhd for the UK (I believe mine is the last one, number 012/1).

There were 43 B10 V8S Tourings (all facelift) and again just four in rhd for the UK.

Hi,

I had the privilege to have been a passenger on the drive to the Nurburgring, along with 3/4 fast laps and the drive back over a lovely weekend in this V8S Touring;

IMGP4802.jpg

I'd love to have had one and spotted a few Alpine White examples in Germany that were for sale some years back - no idea if they've come back up for sale in the meantime! Would've made for a fantastic matching pair !

Another car/owners were with us, an E34 "518i";

NurburgringSept20112.jpg

NurburgringSept20114.jpg

This thing with minor modifications was awesome on a couple of fast laps I was a passenger in, I recall 8m 54 and a bit of boiling brake fluid just after the run! What amazed me was the number of hot hatches that overtook the M5 doing some serious 'hot' laps!

The Alpina was fantastic all around!

NurburgringSept20118.jpg

NurburgringSept201114.jpg

For the example up for sale, as ever, a good, close look at the car in person is needed - regardless of the seller. 

Cheers, Dennis!