Sign in to follow this  
jimboe39

B pillar noise sorted at last

Had a clunking noise coming from behind my head when going over uneven road.After much searching which involved me taking off the rear right and front right door cards to check for anything loose in there, the trim panels on the pillar a few times and adjusting the rear door latch turns out it was the driver door latch. Just loosened the two torx head screws, (do not remove them, there is a captive plate behind them) tapped the latch in about 2/3 mill, tightened up and bingo no more noise. Phew!

So moral of the story, go for the door latches first, it may save a lot of faffing about.

hope this helps somebody.

cheers.

59 minutes ago, jimboe39 said:

Had a clunking noise coming from behind my head when going over uneven road.After much searching which involved me taking off the rear right and front right door cards to check for anything loose in there, the trim panels on the pillar a few times and adjusting the rear door latch turns out it was the driver door latch. Just loosened the two torx head screws, (do not remove them, there is a captive plate behind them) tapped the latch in about 2/3 mill, tightened up and bingo no more noise. Phew!

So moral of the story, go for the door latches first, it may save a lot of faffing about.

hope this helps somebody.

cheers.

At first guess before reading your full account, I was thinking it may have been the driver's seat belt internal mechanism. Good find though.

Cheers, got a similar annoying rattle which sounds like coming from inside the drivers B pillar, my guess is / was top of the seat belt mechanism too, but will bear this in mind when I finally get the chance to investigate further :)