sjak92

Bye bye G30

So the 520d is no more. I got a cracking deal on a trade in and also car was developing some slight niggles which were starting to aggravate me. With 8 months left on the warranty it was time to chop it in. 

replacement is a 2020 model year X5 30d M Sport in Mineral white (which is really pretty) , despite being a stock car it has all of the spec that I wanted, being:

Panorama Glass Roof Sky Lounge

Adaptive LED headlights

M Sport Plus pack which includes Sun Protection Glazing, M sport blue calipers, m seat belts, shadowline trim (no chrome anywhere) 21 inch alloys, memory perforated sports seats, m sport active exhaust. Sounds pretty bloody decent for a diesel.

Technology Pack Head Up Display, Harman Kardon, Connected Drive Professional, Wireless Charging, Gesture control, Wifi Hotsport, Live Cockpit, Parking assist plus, display key, advanced safety, built in dashcam

Other stuff like Mirror With Auto Dip, Ambient Interior Lighting auto boot atc come as standard. 

No comfort pack as I opted against the risk of keyless theft. Insurance is actually way more expensive on those cars and being 27, this was a fair bit more than a 520d already. 

Car is pretty epic, as a big a jump for me as from F10 to G30. Tech is sensational. You get car play, connected music, office pro and all of that for three for 3 years.

Only one pic for now but will grab some later today. 

DCA2095C-897A-44A8-AA6F-FF79508CFC8C.jpeg

Forgot to mention, no free umbrella this time, did get some other freebies mind you.

Edited by sjak92

1 hour ago, Hal9000 said:

Built in dashcam? Do you mean it uses existing cameras or that it has the BMW Advanced Eye installed?

Correct, uses all the camera in the Car to capture footage. Records continuous, if it senses and accident, it saves a clip 20 seconds before and after impact, clip can also be saved manually 

1 hour ago, CFD said:

Happy days. Whats the crack with the active exhaust on the diesel?

Just gets more bass out, you also get a more pronounced whistle from the turbo and on the non mechanical side, mare raspy noises are pumped into cabin through speakers 

6 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Just gets more bass out, you also get a more pronounced whistle from the turbo and on the non mechanical side, mare raspy noises are pumped into cabin through speakers 

Interesting. Had no idea anyone bothered trying to make oil burners sound better but there we go.

Also I assume you mean more and not female horse noises :D 

Congrats. Think I'm eyeing up a 540 for my next car but will see.

20 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Correct, uses all the camera in the Car to capture footage. Records continuous, if it senses and accident, it saves a clip 20 seconds before and after impact, clip can also be saved manually 

About time too!!

1 hour ago, CFD said:

Also I assume you mean more and not female horse noises :D 

Well spotted haha

1 hour ago, sjak92 said:

Well spotted haha

Just imagined horse noises mid gear shift in my head.

Tried to type out what I came up with but it's neigh on impossible to do so accurately. Hay ho.

2 hours ago, CFD said:

Interesting. Had no idea anyone bothered trying to make oil burners sound better but there we go.

The Mk1 Audi SQ5 has an "active exhaust system" to enhance the experience :mrgreen:

2 minutes ago, Mr H said:

The Mk1 Audi SQ5 has an "active exhaust system" to enhance the experience :mrgreen:

To be fair I find it funny that 10 years ago I'd mock boy racers for sticking drain pipes on their corsa's or whatever, but now if I bought a baby AMG / M / S car then i'd want an active exhaust on it. Upmarket boy racer I guess?

7 minutes ago, CFD said:

To be fair I find it funny that 10 years ago I'd mock boy racers for sticking drain pipes on their corsa's or whatever, but now if I bought a baby AMG / M / S car then i'd want an active exhaust on it. Upmarket boy racer I guess?

absolutely, say I like a farting exhaust but I’m rich enough to not get one from Halfords haha

Mine is a similar spec, though I didn't get the Lie Cockpit ;-)  Does it tell you, don't worry, you're not really going that fast? (Which is stupid easy to do in it - it's a bit of a beast)

Auto boot - as in waggling your foot underneath...? I think I must have just missed the cutoff for the MY as I don't have that or the dashcam...I think. I keep finding things that I have that aren't listed anywhere!

18 minutes ago, G Whizz said:

Mine is a similar spec, though I didn't get the Lie Cockpit ;-)  Does it tell you, don't worry, you're not really going that fast? (Which is stupid easy to do in it - it's a bit of a beast)

Auto boot - as in waggling your foot underneath...? I think I must have just missed the cutoff for the MY as I don't have that or the dashcam...I think. I keep finding things that I have that aren't listed anywhere!

Thank you Mr Grammar Police haha

No auto boot as it from key fob, top half only, bottom half manual (only fully auto with comfort pack im told) need to post some more pictures but it hasn't stopped raining since the day i bought it!

On 24/09/2019 at 10:21, sjak92 said:

So the 520d is no more. I got a cracking deal on a trade in and also car was developing some slight niggles which were starting to aggravate me. With 8 months left on the warranty it was time to chop it in. 

replacement is a 2020 model year X5 30d M Sport in Mineral white (which is really pretty) , despite being a stock car it has all of the spec that I wanted, being:

Panorama Glass Roof Sky Lounge

Adaptive LED headlights

M Sport Plus pack which includes Sun Protection Glazing, M sport blue calipers, m seat belts, shadowline trim (no chrome anywhere) 21 inch alloys, memory perforated sports seats, m sport active exhaust. Sounds pretty bloody decent for a diesel.

Technology Pack Head Up Display, Harman Kardon, Connected Drive Professional, Wireless Charging, Gesture control, Wifi Hotsport, Live Cockpit, Parking assist plus, display key, advanced safety, built in dashcam

Other stuff like Mirror With Auto Dip, Ambient Interior Lighting auto boot atc come as standard. 

No comfort pack as I opted against the risk of keyless theft. Insurance is actually way more expensive on those cars and being 27, this was a fair bit more than a 520d already. 

Car is pretty epic, as a big a jump for me as from F10 to G30. Tech is sensational. You get car play, connected music, office pro and all of that for three for 3 years.

Only one pic for now but will grab some later today. 

DCA2095C-897A-44A8-AA6F-FF79508CFC8C.jpeg

Forgot to mention, no free umbrella this time, did get some other freebies mind you.

Looks a great car.

Similar for me, fed up with rear seat on my 530 knocking and rattling for an X3 M40D