george72

bmw connected

8 months into BMW ownership and still finding out about the car. My friend and i both drive near identical 530D LUX  (4 YEARS), he purchased his brand new and mine was obviously second hand. I noticed at the weekend that he has access to all of the BMW connected services and i dont have anything. My friend states that he has never paid an additional premium and has never subscribed to any of the services, yet somehow he gets access to pretty much all of the services! How does this work? i am Jealous!  

Maybe because he bought it without knowing... Connected drive services are extra and payed at bought (I think it includes 4/5years here).

Making 4years he will have to renew (or lose some of the features.

My Lux is nearly 5 years old. Most of the (useless stuff) is still working. I have added an extension to RTTI, but thats it.

Search on google for BMW's connected drive portal. Sign up, add your car and it will tell you what you are subscribed to and gives you the option to extend anything that you want.

13 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

My Lux is nearly 5 years old. Most of the (useless stuff) is still working. I have added an extension to RTTI, but thats it.

Search on google for BMW's connected drive portal. Sign up, add your car and it will tell you what you are subscribed to and gives you the option to extend anything that you want.

Dave is spot on. There are “Booked” services and subscribable (note my new word) services. And depending

on the year of manufacture the life time booked services may differ. Things like “remote services” maybe a lifetime available option along with “send to car” for routes via the Map interface on the app. 

Have you transferred the car into your name according to the Connected Drive website? If so, you should be able to go through the app and see which options are booked or available. 

What options does does your friend have available?