Whiteston

CCC Android replacement advice please.

TOOGOO 8.8 Hd Car Gps Navigator 6-Core Android 9.0 Car Multimedia Player Car System for 5 Series E60 E61 E62 E63 / 3 Series E90 E91-CCC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VSP87XV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_A2kEDbEDFAD67

Hello. 

I'm considering this replacement screen from Amazon UK for my E61 2007 535d.  The specs all look good, with android 9 and decent memory. I am not up to date on the processor though. My car has the required Aux input. It's alot cheaper than others, so I am wondering what the catch is. As I would be ordering through Amazon UK there will be no duty to pay even though delivered from China as it is in Amazon's seller's conditions that seller covers any extras. 

Please would someone be able to advise? 

Thanks in advance. 

Michael. 

Edited by Whiteston

I don't know why they haven't called it a snap dragon but a search on Qualcomm website suggests it is. They must not call it snap dragon in China maybe. The return policy on Amazon is good so get it rigged in and try it. 

Thanks again for the advice. I did research the processor but did found it confusing.

Android 9, 4/64 memory, 4k playback (reduced to fill lower res screen) and Bluetooth 4.1.  So tempted.... Wife has e93 with CCC, so if I get rid of my car, it can go in hers. (don't suggest I just buy 2 units!) 

Regards, 

Michael. 

13 minutes ago, Whiteston said:

Thanks again for the advice. I did research the processor but did found it confusing.

Android 9, 4/64 memory, 4k playback (reduced to fill lower res screen) and Bluetooth 4.1.  So tempted.... Wife has e93 with CCC, so if I get rid of my car, it can go in hers. (don't suggest I just buy 2 units!) 

Regards, 

Michael. 

The OS isn't that old either. It's not long turned 10. So support will last

2 minutes ago, iReaper1157 said:

The OS isn't that old either. It's not long turned 10. So support will last

Brilliant.  Thanks again for all the advice.  I am going to order it.  Will report back.......................................!!

Specs seems to be decent for the head unit. Even if the specification is real, price seems bit too low, as most of these units (especially with quad/hexa core last few year SOCs)  costs around 350+ GBP. Maybe seller has accidentally set an incorrect price? Or maybe just some sale promotion.

Edited by Zusurs

5 hours ago, iReaper1157 said:

So support will last

Almost none of these head units comes with any ability to update the Andorid. Many of them are running some proprietary forked build of Android, and are not getting OS updates. But it doesn't affect their operation, at least for few years to come.

I've been trying to get an update link for my unit from a seller on Aliexpress. After 20-30 messages they still do not provide it. Has anyone managed to upgrade their units? Mines running 8.1, ID6. I really would like the ID7 theme.

14 minutes ago, Zusurs said:

Almost none of these head units comes with any ability to update the Andorid. Many of them are running some proprietary forked build of Android, and are not getting OS updates. But it doesn't affect their operation, at least for few years to come.

So no updates for security ect?

Well, here's my update as promised. 

I received the unit after about 20 days and fitted it. Turned it on and checked the specs in settings only to find it was a 7.1 android version with only 2/32gb memory. 2017 bios. I contacted the seller and they asked if I would like to keep it if they gave me a partial refund. I said no thanks and asked for a replacement. 

They agreed to send out a replacement. As of now no replacement has arrived and they say there was no tracking number to check progress. 

I have now requested a full refund to which they have agreed.

The unit I received is slow and buggy. Reverse camera worked well though, switching on when selection reverse. (£8 bargain from amazon). 

So all in all a bit of a damp squib.