duncan-uk

E28 528i on ebay forever...

Discussed before no doubt but does anyone know the deal with this car?

It must have been advertised continuously for 10 years or more.

10 years ago it was massively over priced and probably still so but perhaps getting more realistic if it checked out.

Its not been taxed since 2002 nor has any MOT history so i really can't understand why its been for sale so long?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-BMW-5-Series-E28-528i-SE-4-Door-Saloon-4-door-Saloon/271657086284?hash=item3f40062d4c:g:aegAAOSwQdZdcUNB

Given enough time, the value will eventually grow into the price being asked :rolleyes:

Anybody in for some side bets as to when?

Regards,

Mick

When I first saw it the price was set at £8k and it was well over reasonable price for decent e28’s back in days.

I tried to call them about 9 years ago - Tried twice, got zero response.

Price as stated was 8k which was about double what it was worth.

Thought it was worth a chat though..........

Reckon it doesn;t exist. It's very weird.

5 hours ago, chemicalal said:

Reckon it doesn;t exist. It's very weird.

This is the thing - if it doesn't exist why the advert? If some sort of scam i can't see the angle.

Its just very very odd - i don;t know what the fees are but why pay them for 10 years!

Strange yes, maybe it was originally a commision sale for the owner, and has now passed. Worth enquiring about, before someone like Andrew from Old Colonel swoops in and gets it, and then put another 1 or £2k on top, because it looks very clean, and a manual, M30 engined E28 will always be desirable.

That's the thing though, people have inquired i believe and i can't believe the dealers have not seen it or are aware of it - i just don;t get it!

2 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

I might just pop into Knightcott Motors and have a look! I'll let you know.

Photographs, or it didn't happen :P

Regards,

Mick

Story is that he bought this from someone he knew years ago and appears to be in no hurry to sell. He told me about one particular buyer that he knocked back because the buyer wanted to turn it into a racer or drift car.

I think reading between the lines that he is quite content to sit on it until he gets the offer he wants and the buyer will cherish the car. He is the second owner and owns the small showroom the car sits in. Mileage is genuine as far as I can ascertain, however he didn't like me advising him on the legalities of the tyres being too old and the effects of age on rubber he seems to place the vehicle on some sort of pedestal and revels in the fact that the vehicle hasn't been used for a long time, he isn't aware of the ravages of time that keeping a car stationary can have on it.

Kind regards,

On 11/09/2019 at 12:06, Taffy 1 said:

What do you think I am an M.P.???? I see your bete noir is due to visit Mick, have a few wets!

The Death Star is currently at anchor to the South East of Georges Island in Halifax Harbour :ph34r:

I will endeavour to get some photographs tomorrow, or it wasn't here :lol:

Took our young Canadian engineer onto HMS Dragon this afternoon so that he could see what a warship looked like.  He was pumped because he got to see, touch and crawl around what we have only been able to talk about for the last 18 months.  Managed to take him around the guts of the weapons and magazines of the systems he will eventually be working with.  A grand day out.

Ironic really, that the Canadian company building the next generation of Canadian Surface Combatant has to send it's junior combat engineer onto a British warship, berthed in the premier east coast Royal Canadian Naval Base to gain experience of a warship :shock:

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Mick

5 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

Story is that he bought this from someone he knew years ago and appears to be in no hurry to sell. He told me about one particular buyer that he knocked back because the buyer wanted to turn it into a racer or drift car.

I think reading between the lines that he is quite content to sit on it until he gets the offer he wants and the buyer will cherish the car. He is the second owner and owns the small showroom the car sits in. Mileage is genuine as far as I can ascertain, however he didn't like me advising him on the legalities of the tyres being too old and the effects of age on rubber he seems to place the vehicle on some sort of pedestal and revels in the fact that the vehicle hasn't been used for a long time, he isn't aware of the ravages of time that keeping a car stationary can have on it.

Kind regards,

It is real :shock:

That looks really clean, but as you point out if the current owner has not employed any sort of "keep alive" policy then it is a bunch of headaches waiting for a new owner.

This will most likely require about £4,000.00 worth of base lining before it can realistically be returned back to any form of reliable daily service.

Looks to be very well preserved with only wear from light use visible.

Edited by Ordnator

"The fact the vehicle hasn't been used for such a long time" is a crying shame IMO, to see it sitting there slowly deteriorating, an E28 M5, 535, and 528i sole raison d' être, is to be enjoyed, and driven, the same way a Rolls Royce engined 747, was made to fly.

Someone buy it, and set it free.

Edited by Steve van hool