Ash-535i

F11 Eibach Sportline or H&R

Hi All,

I know this has probably been covered before, but can anyone share their experience with the above question. 

I’m running Avant Gard M359’s 19x9 et30 with 235/40/19 and 19x10 et33 with 265/35/19 tyres. 

The wheels are from my old e92 335i with bigger tyres to fit the F11 and they actually suit the car better than you’d think :-), however they need a little drop to fully pull them off. 

I’ve ruled out the Eibach Pro’s as the drop doesn’t look/ seem that noticeable on an M Sport. That leaves Eibach Sportline or H&R Springs. 

Any info you care to share please? 

8 hours ago, Ash-535i said:

I’m running Avant Gard M359’s 19x9 et30 with 235/40/19 and 19x10 et33 with 265/35/19 tyres. 

The wheels are from my old e92 335i with bigger tyres to fit the F11 

They are the wrong size of tyres for an F11.

Front should be 245/40/19 and rear should be 275/35/19. Your tyres are bit narrow and will throw out your speedo slightly.

I have Eibach Pro's on my car, and I wouldn't want to go any lower. That's with a 20mm drop on the rear too. My car is an SE, and this is the way it looks now:

aQVgEUH.jpg?1

Edited by BFleming

11 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

They are the wrong size of tyres for an F11.

Front should be 245/40/19 and rear should be 275/35/19. Your tyres are bit narrow and will throw out your speedo slightly.

I didn’t want 245 and 275 as I’d have had clearance issues. The fronts would have fouled the control arm and the 10J rears with tyres that wide could have given me issues. 

I put a thread up at the time of choosing tyres and you kindly provided me some links to will they fit and I based my decision on them. 

The speedo is only 3mph out reading lower via GPS than what the Speedo says so that’s no bad thing in my eyes. 

They may may not technically be the right size but they look right to me and will look even better with a drop. I appreciate not to everyone’s taste but I’m happy with them. I’ve got a freshly refurbed set of M351’s too so will have the best of both worlds if I fancy a change. 

Edited by Ash-535i

7 hours ago, BFleming said:

I have Eibach Pro's on my car, and I wouldn't want to go any lower. That's with a 20mm drop on the rear too. My car is an SE, and this is the way it looks now:

aQVgEUH.jpg?1

Thanks for the info. That looks good. Good on you for going on a track day. Bet it surprised a few people :-)

I didn’t want 245 and 275 as I’d have had clearance issues. The fronts would have fouled the control arm and the 10J rears with tyres that wide could have given me issues. 

That's because you've got the wrong ET for 10j... So the (correct) wide isn't the issue...

Anyone tested the ACS springs? Are they worth it? (Made by eibach)

If you're fitting them yourself, the method varies depending on whether or not you have EDC shock absorbers. If you do, you need to detach the top wishbone from the hub. If not, you can get away without it. 

19 hours ago, Ash-535i said:

Thanks for the info. That looks good. Good on you for going on a track day. Bet it surprised a few people :-)

That car always surprises a few people. Initially people just see the 525d badge, and think 3.0 oil burner. It's actually the 2.0 oil burner, but 2 turbo's and (currently) 275bhp. It moves very well, and handles decently enough too. Yes, I could do more (ARB's, brakes) but for my one trip to the Nurburgring/year, it does fine. I have another car for other track days.

Edited by BFleming

45 minutes ago, BFleming said:

. Yes, I could do more (ARB's, brakes) but for my one trip to the Nurburgring/year, it does fine. I have another car for other track days.

Apologies to the OP but keen to know what you have planned for the ARBs as I feel mine is a bit wallowy at the front in the bends when pressing on.

8 hours ago, BFleming said:

If you're fitting them yourself, the method varies depending on whether or not you have EDC shock absorbers. If you do, you need to detach the top wishbone from the hub. If not, you can get away without it. 

Thanks for the info. No EDC on mine, I’ll be fitting them myself, I’ve done my research and it doesn’t look a bad job on the F11.  

On 06/09/2019 at 22:55, Ash-535i said:

Thanks for the info. No EDC on mine, I’ll be fitting them myself, I’ve done my research and it doesn’t look a bad job on the F11.  

It's really straightforward; the only difficulty is getting the lower arm low enough to remove the strut - but it does go.

Hi All, 

H&R Sport Springs fitted on Wednesday and I’m very impressed thus far. Nice job to do, I replaced the front bumpstops too as one of the dust covers had come off and dropped down inside the shock. 

Fronts are still settling. I may have to raise the rear slightly as it’s a bit lower and I like a bit of rake, but it’s not a difficult job to do, it took 2 attempts to get it sitting like that. 

Thanks everyone for the help. 

799FF0E9-D006-485E-ACF2-038D6071A61D.jpeg