chemicalal

525/528i AFM

BMW Part No: 136 212 721 01

Bosch Part No: 0280 202 025

Hi All,

I'm looking for the above in perfect known-working condition and wondered if anyone had one lying around. Cost incl postage to Sydney Australia would be brilliant.

Kindest regards,

Al

Resurrecting this - Figure that I should just buy a new one of these.

Anyone have any advice on getting one of these for less than a kings ransom?

Wallothesch have one for Euro716 delivered to Sydney

All the usual USA suspects are over US$1000 just for the part

Schmeidmann are Euro780 delivered to Sydney

BMW Sydney want AU$1800 for one

I've looked into getting mine completely refurbed but can only find US people that undertake this and as there were no 528i's in the US they have no idea on factory calibrations/settings.

Does anyone know of UK businesses that sell these (i've searched/googled and can find sod all)?

Anyone have a known perfect one lying about collecting dust in their garage????

Al

I know that when I bought one for my 535i some years back I bought it from the US. I found the US supplier a lot cheaper than the UK. The problem is that as you said 528i not sold in the states and the 535i AFM is different to the 528i. I still have my original 535i AFM and thought it might help you but as I said it's different.

Sorry mate,

Ivor Evans

It may or may not help but when i sold a 528 AFM it was bought by a chap who wanted it for his ford - he didn't say which but perhaps 80's fords used the same part so that might broaden the search?

I know I'm a bit slow, but I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a new AFM or for that matter buy a "rebuilt" unit for mega bucks. What is it that goes wrong with them that isn't repairable? A couple of bushes for the butterfly spindle, an air temperature whatsit (0.03 yuan on some Chinese site), a circuit board that you can redraw and get twelve manufactured for £20 in eastern Europe, (spot the oxford comma) and a some sand papery stuff to polish up the arm. What happened with restoration? 

To quote Duncan, "and relax". 

Sorry Al, could help myself, just come in from the garage.

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses - both Autodoc (EU570) and KMS (GBP605) don't have any in stock and TBH are similar (or more expensive) than the other options mentioned.

JohnH - I don't have the skills or confidence to re-build this unit myself - I want to throw money at it and get a brand new one. I'm just annoyed its so effing expensive.