Hi RichardP,

The first of all is to give you a thousand thanks for the patience you have with everyone and admire that you continue updating this great project that I sincerely learned about 2 months ago and I am perplexed by this invention of essential module for me and sure that  for everyone too.

Second forgive me for my bad English, I will use Google translate (although I think it is worse).:mrgreen:

I have several questions that I will be asking little by little to not overwhelm you.:roll:

I have the intravee switch and I would like to be able to update it to the latest version just like the intravee (for improvements nothing more) I understand as I have read, it is updated by updating the same intravee module, but the intravee software (in this case 6.02 7155)  Should this intravee switch software be included, which there are versions that you did not include by size, could you clarify if the last version of April 2019 included that update for the switch?  In this case, how would you proceed to update the two things at once?  Same as the intravee module alone?  

Thank you and I await your response before proceeding to do anything:D

Edited by Danielo_0

The switch firmware was included in the Intravee firmware initially, but removed from revision 6.02-6060 on (March 2012).  There have been no updates since.

If the switch firmware is out of date there will be a * next to the firmware version on the 'About' 'Switch' menu.  It's unlikely it will be out of date, even if it is, the changes were very minor.

hi RichardP,
I have a new question please,
I have purchased an Intravee and it has version 5.31 build 306, can I update it to the latest version directly to version 6.02 7155?

Version 5.31 is really incredible that practically nothing can be done, it must have been the first versions, right?

Thank you and every day I am happier with this great device and especially for your great help to the intravee community

Can you post, or PM, a picture of the label on the Intravee before I answer that. With that firmware version it may be a 128 rather than 256 version of the processor.

That is definitely a 256 processor, so will take the most recent firmware, it's just got a very old version on it at the moment.

BUT, I seem to remember that there was an issue with the time out in the bootloader when calculating the checksum of the later (bigger) firmware and the timeout had to be increased.  I can't remember (I've searched previous e-mails etc and can't find it either) which versions of the firmware had this issue and when it was fixed.

The solution was a special version of the firmware that was small but updated the bootloader to the version with the longer time out.   If you update with the newer 'big' firmware, the old bootloader with try and check the firmware on boot and it will fail as it takes too long.  The Intravee with then drop back into the bootloader.  At that point you will be stuck until you either go back to a smaller version of the firmware or update the bootloader.

I'll continue to hunt to see if I can find anything that tells me when the issue was fixed.

Just to add, I have got a copy of 5.31-306 firmware so if you did update and get stuck, you could return the Intravee to it's current state.

I think the best way forward is going to be for me to program an IV2 with 5.31-306 plus it's associated bootloader and then upgrade it and see what happens.  If there are any issues I can then work out how to overcome them and let you know the procedure.

Ok I think I have undertand you, it would be necessary to update version 5.31 with a special boot, and then once updated, put the latest version on it?  
Where could you get version 5.31 with your boot?

I'll be honest with you, I've only updated 2 Intravee to the latest version and I'm a bit of a newbie here, if you could explain me explicitly I'd appreciate it.

Could you confirm the version of the bootloader please.  To do this with V5.31 you'll need to connect a PC and use the downloader, the watch the IV while it boots into the bootloader.  To do this type the command 

boot

You should see something like this :

boot
>boot<
BOOT V5.5 (RR=00)
Boot Entry flag set

Intravee Bootloader Ver 5.5
SP=0x217D (8575)

IVBL 5.5> 

The version here is 5.5, yours will be lower.

Then boot to the app type the command 

b

this will reboot the Intravee normally.

On 03/09/2021 at 11:13, RichardP said:

Could you confirm the version of the bootloader please.  To do this with V5.31 you'll need to connect a PC and use the downloader, the watch the IV while it boots into the bootloader.  To do this type the command 

boot

You should see something like this :

boot
>boot<
BOOT V5.5 (RR=00)
Boot Entry flag set

Intravee Bootloader Ver 5.5
SP=0x217D (8575)

IVBL 5.5> 

The version here is 5.5, yours will be lower.

Then boot to the app type the command 

b

this will reboot the Intravee normally.

CD1B42A4-1B33-4161-80D5-20F3FCA83E71.jpeg

B5A6C05D-E51B-4891-8022-A4FB624EAAC4.jpeg

The boot loader is newer than I thought it might be, so I 'think' you will be OK.  The issue I have in checking this is that I don't think I have an easy way to downgrade the bootloader on the Intravee I have.  The newer firmware has a console command to update the boot loader with whatever version is imbedded in the main firmware, but the older firmware does not.

Worst case is that on start up the bootloader will time out before the checksum on the main firmware has finished and it will drop back to the boot loader.  If that happens you'll need to go back to a version of the firmware that does not take so long to check.  I've attached the 5.31-306 firmware for you to use in this eventuality so you can get back to where you are now.

Let me know how you get on and take a few screen shots as you program the IV and as it boots up for the first time.

ivfw256-v5.31-306.zip