Fritsprive

Racechip GTS black tuning box

I bought this chip and installed it 3 weeks ago on my F10 535d. Results on the dyno: without chip 308hp and 660Nm (which is exact factory spec for the hp and even a bit higher for the torque, so happy with that, healthy engine!), then with chip on stage 7, highest setting, 338hp and 740Nm.

So, not completely as promised by Racechip (+49hp and +100Nm) but the chip does work quite well.

According the test engineer the results were quite acceptable due to very high temperatures today (33 Celcius in his workshop). During the runs the air intake temp went up dramatically reducing the results with at least 8-12hp and 15-20Nm, so he told me he was pleasantly surprised by the results of this chip!

Fuel saving is indeed also true, from 8.2 to 7.6 l/100km measured over 3.000 miles, so again not the 10-15% as promised, but we all know that they always exaggerate.

The installation was easy, about 40 min as it was my first time doing something like this, but the connections are very delicate and one of them snapped, so be careful!

I'm satisfied with the product, but I think it's a bit too expensive (£500). I bought it because I can remove it easily, but I think if that is not an issue for you, you're probably better off with a real remap for less money.

Easily removable if you have the opportunity. Fine for taking back to the dealers but I've always thought that it's an easy get out for an insurer in an accident if it wasn't declared. 

Always remapped and never had a warranty issue with BMW. My F11 resulted in circa 390bhp. Was an absolute animal.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk